Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Fixed Asset Officer
Reference No: Finance-Obajana-003
Location: Obajana, Kogi
Employment Type: Full Time
- Manage and maintain DCP’s fixed asset records/ register and ensure proper accounting for fixed assets at the plant, in compliance with DCP’s fixed assets policies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Review CAPEX purchase requisitions and ensure accurate upload of all fixed assets in the fixed asset register.
- Calculate and record depreciation for all fixed assets in accordance with IFRS and DCP’s depreciation policies.
- Review, interpret and apply fixed assets policies to fixed asset transactions at the plant including purchase, valuation, revaluation, accruals and disposal.
- Reconcile the fixed asset sub-ledger to the general ledger on a periodic basis.
- Ensure supporting plant fixed assets records and schedules are sufficient to meet audit/regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate all fixed asset purchases with the various departments and collate updates on new additions on a monthly basis
- Ensure all new assets are properly labelled and set up in the fixed asset register and individual asset account.
- Periodically reconcile and coordinate physical stock taking of fixed assets to ensure proper location and existence of all fixed assets.
- Ensure accurate entries for all fixed assets acquisition, disposal/movements and depreciation.
- Manage the activities involved in the disposal of fully depreciated, obsolete or damaged assets.
- Participate in month-end financial closing procedures
- Prepare the year-end fixed asset/depreciation schedules for annual audit/review.
- Assist in the development of fixed asset management processes, policies & procedures.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head, Plant Finance.·
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics or other related discipline.
- Relevant professional certification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA).
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Good knowledge and understanding of finance best practices, IFRS and other applicable accounting standards.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good data gathering, analysis and problem solving skills
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Basic proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
- Basic knowledge of accounting packages and systems, including SAP.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online