WASIL – West African Soy Industries Limited operates one of the largest specialized oils and fats processing complexes in Africa. The manufacturing facility is located in Sagamu, Ogun State, Nigeria, with raw materials sourced from farmers in Kaduna, Katsina, Niger and other states across Nigeria. The Company is active in the Soy value chain through its out-grower farming activities by providing high quality agri-inputs to farmers and procuring farm produce from them through off-take arrangements. WASIL also educates the farmers on Yield Enhancement Techniques (YET) to improve their crop yield, and trains women on best practices in Shea collection and primary processing.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fitter, Preparatory
Location: Sagamu, Ogun
Employment Type: Full time
- This position will support operations by maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing and optimizing manufacturing equipment including but not limited to fitting, plumbing, welding, heating/cooling, automation and fire protection systems in a safe and orderly fashion as directed by the Chief Engineer at prep section.
- This position creates value for the factory by performing preventative and corrective maintenance leading to increased uptime and reliability, thus helping the facility to meet their production and quality goals.
- Identify, troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic problems on plant facilities and production equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance per defined interval/schedule in a timely manner,
- Recognizes and corrects potential equipment failure or unsafe conditions and communicates this to Maintenance Manager.
- Performs pipe fitting of both threaded and welded pipe of various sizes,
- Ensures that all work performed meets required codes and is in accordance with plant policies and procedures.
- Utilizes appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including, but not limited to, safety glasses, face shields, hearing protection, safety shoes, gloves and aprons.
- Responsible for proper care/cleaning of tools, parts, materials and work area.
- Responsible for providing coverage in the absence of other Maintenance Technicians.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Be able and willing to work in non-ideal environments such as: confined spaces, working at heights, dusty/dirty and around chemicals.
- Strictly adhere and conform to all QMS standard.
- 5-7 years of experience in an Industrial Maintenance environment.
- Technical/vocational training
- HND, ND or its equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
- Strong mechanical repair/troubleshooting and metal working skills.
- Proficiency in Machine Repair, Machine Tool Operations, Pipefitting and Welding.
- Functional knowledge of mechanical components (elevators, conveyors, flaker rollers, destoner, seed cleaner, expander, valves, pipe fittings, bearings, motors, gearboxes, etc.).
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment completing objectives efficiently with a sense of responsibility.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online