Leadway Assurance Company, also known as Leadway, is a Nigerian insurance corporation headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria. It is one of Nigeria’s largest insurance companies. Leadway provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, travel insurance and life insurance. The company’s financial capacity grew over time, and can now underwrite risks of very high magnitude as regards heavy industries, such as Oil and Gas and big manufacturing concerns. It also offers subsidiary financial services like Bond, Secured Credit, Miscellaneous financial losses and Fund/Portfolio management
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Reporting Analyst
Job ID: 2200004Q
Employment Type: Full-time
Report to: Financial Controller
Job Purpose Statement
- This role support the team in ensuring timely and accurate completion of financial reports: To enhance business decision making, substantiate key balances and ensure there is no regulatory laws/accounting standards infraction or fine.
These objectives will be achieved through the following:
- Generate a schedule to substantiate staff loan and Mortgage loan balances on periodic basis.
- Post Agency loan transactions and generate schedule to substantiate balances periodically.
- Post and prepare schedule of dividend & rent receivable (advance payment) and prepayment on a periodic basis.
- Prepare and submit policy loan schedules and analysis in a timely manner on a periodic basis.
- Post and reconcile payroll entries with Rewards team in HR department for monthly reporting.
- Review management expenses posting on the system for accuracy and capture prepaid expenses accordingly for monthly amortization.
- Share variance reports with the various department and take action to make necessary correction.
- Review intra –company related postings on a periodic basis.
- Prepare and intra-company schedule and ensure sign off of reconciliation on a period basis.
- Generate both periodic and ad hoc reports as needed.
Job Dimensions Reporting Relationships:
- Finance Interns.
- Customer Service
- External Auditors
- Finance related Consultants
Ideal Job Specifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting or Finance related from a recognized Institution.
- Membership of recognized Accounting Professional Association is an added advantage.
Desired Work Experience:
- 2+ years of work experience in Financial, Statutory and Regulatory Reporting.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online