Primera Microfinance Bank Limited, your partner for growth, is a fully licensed technology-driven finance platform that offers financial solutions to businesses and individuals. Anchored by a strong balance sheet and an experienced, hands-on management team, we enhance financial inclusion by offering suite of financial services to meet the needs of clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
- The Financial Controller position is responsible for the planning, implementation and management of the finance operations of the Bank.
- This includes, but is not limited to, the development and execution of financial management and operational strategy, business planning, budgeting, forecasting and negotiations focused on achieving that strategy, as well as the ongoing development and monitoring of systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
- Responsible forfinancialsreports to shareholders, the Board of Directors and regulators.
- Manage the Financial Control, Treasury, Business Reporting, Investor Relations, Budget and Tax departments of the Bank.
- Develop performance management metrics that support and drive the achievement of the Bank’s strategic objectives.
- Oversee the capital structure of the Bank, determining the best mix of debt, equity, and internal financing for optimal operations.
- Identifying and managing financial risks of the Bank.
- Ensuring legal and regulatory documentation is properly filed, and monitor internal controls and compliance with extant laws and regulations.
- Establishing and developing relations with relevant external partners and stakeholders.
- Provide thought-leadership in support of the CFO,MD/CEO and Executive Committee of the Bank.
- Ensuring credibility of the Finance operation by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Optimal performance management of the business.
- Optimal treasury performance and balance sheet management.
- Identifying and addressing financial risks for the Bank.
- Digital transformation of the functions within the Finance Division of the Bank
- Strategic thought leadership on the evolution of all components of the Finance Division in keeping with the growth and transformation journey of the Bank.
- B.Sc. in relevant course of study with MBA or M.Sc.
- Minimum of 10 years cognate experience in core finance, accounting and audit functions in the Financial Services Industry or FINTECH space with 2-3 years’ experience as Financial Controller or Head, Financial Reporting and Performance Management.
- Membership or Fellowship of ICAN and/or ACCA is mandatory.
- CFA Institute Chartership (optional).
- Exposure in Commercial Banking is an added advantage.
- Experience and exposure in digitizing the finance function.
- Very strong experience and exposure in financial modelling.
- Experience in partnering with and operating within the C-Suite and interfacing with regulators as well as the market.
Required Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent Engagement and Communication Skills
- Unimpeachable integrity, accountability and probity.
- Excellent strategic and thought-leadership.
- Critical thinking, an innovative mindset and problem solving skills.
- Ability to express sound and balanced judgement.
- Should have experience in partnering with and operating within the C-Suite.
- Excellent carriage and presence.
- Excellent Reporting and Presentation Skills
Application Closing Date
7th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online