FairMoney is building the leading mobile bank for emerging markets. We started with a digital microcredit application on Android, and currently roll out additional financial services (current account, savings, debit card) while expanding the product to Western Africa and South-East Asia.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Financial Accountant
Contract Type: Full-Time
- You will be working as our Financial Accountant in our Finance Division which is now composed of 4 people worldwide.
- You will be based in Lagos, Nigeria (currently our largest market) and working with our finance team based in Paris.
- The Finance department at FairMoney is a key component in this mission to provide banking services to all consumers across emerging markets.
- Finance drives the reporting, the strategic analysis and the financial operations to make FairMoney’s mission possible.
We Are Waiting For You To Work On :
- Monthly postings, accurate calculation of monthly accruals/prepayments, including journal preparation;
- Preparation and review of the monthly Statement of Profit or Loss and Other Comprehensive Income (SOCI), the Statement of Financial Position(SOFP) and Statement of Cash Flow;
- Preparing and maintaining intercompany reconciliation including calculation of monthly intercompany transfer/transactions and any resulting FX gain/loss;
- Facilitating the year end process by providing assistance with the preparation of the final account and the consolidated account;
- Providing the necessary support for the statutory annual audit, regulatory audit and tax audits by making relevant schedules and source documents available on time;
- Ensuring that the PAYE, Pension, WHT and VAT are appropriately deducted and remitted;
- Maintain the fixed asset register and ensures that controls put in place to safeguard the company’s asset are complied with
- Bachelor’s in accounting or numerate discipline degree with 3 years of experience.
- A qualified accountant (ACCA/ICAN)
- Experience in the financial services sector, especially Fintech (with transaction volumes), would be an advantage
- Good analytical skills, high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Have advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
- Have proven experience within an accounting department
- Be an effective team player with a positive attitude
- A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Phone screening of ~30 minutes with Titi – our HR & Talent Manager in Lagos;
- Technical Test (timed);
- Technical Interview with Tomide, Finance Manager (Lagos)
- Quick Fit Call with Ismael, Finance Manager (Paris)
- Last call with Yaw – Head of Finance.