Frigoglass Industries Nigeria Limited is the global leader in the Ice Cold Merchandisers (ICM) market and the principal supplier of glass packaging in the high growth markets of West Africa, supplying to more than 10 countries across the continent.
In our glass container business, we are focused on markets in Africa, which are increasingly the prime regions of investment for our customers. We aim to create value for our customers by building on our position as a leading supplier of glass bottles and complementary packaging solutions in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Supervisor
Location: Ughelli, Delta
- The role provides assistance in fixed assets management and financial reporting.
- Responsible for monitoring Capital Expenditures (CAPEX) budget for all user departments and also ensure adequate control measures are in place for effective monitoring.
- Accounts for and monitor all asset acquisition, depreciation, transfers, disposal/impairment of assets in accordance with company policies and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) in the plant.
- Ensure that all assets are recorded properly per asset class in accordance with the company’s non-current assets policy.
- Plan and co-ordinate physical verification of the company’s assets.
- Ensure all Assets Under Construction (AUC-WIP) are strictly monitored such that over aged items are not left unattended.
- Reconcile monthly fixed asset register and prepare monthly fixed asset schedule for financial reporting purposes.
- Ensure all relevant supporting documents, records and schedules of fixed assets are available and sufficient to meet audit/regulatory needs.
- Collate all relevant documents and materials required by the Ministry of Commerce and Industries for the issuance of Capital Acceptance Certificate.
- Raise debit & credit notes as appropriate and ensure appropriate journal entries are made in respect of various transactions involving intra-company, intercompany and suppliers in the plant.
- Monthly reconciliation of inter-company account balances and monitoring of departmental overhead expenses.
- Preparation and reconciliation of Bank Reconciliation Statement (BRS).
Qualifications & Experience
- University Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) in Accounting or any other related field.
- At least five (5) years working experience in a similar role.
- Membership of ICAN, ACA is an added advantage.
- Required skills – strong numerical and analytical thinking.
- Knowledge of NAV Dynamics or any other ERP software and Microsoft Excel.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online