Finance Officer Job Recruitment at a Non-governmental Organization. We are a Non-governmental Organization working on the improvement of Heath Equity through sustained engagement with core element-approach which includes Research, Program deliver Technical Assistance and Education.
We are providing technical support for the Integrated Biological and Behavioral Surveillance Survey and we require the services of the position below for a short-term engagement towards the process of field implementation:
Job Title: Finance Officer
>>Non-governmental Organization Recruitment 2020 / 2021 (6 Positions) | Non-governmental Organization Recruitment
Duration of Engagement: 4 Months maximum
- The Financial Officer will be responsible for forgiving accurate and timely financial support to the Finance Lead.
- S/he will assist and collaborate with the State Coordinators and Supervisors on financial matters.
- To monitor and ensure that all internal controls over assets are well implemented and mitigated against all inherent and acquired financial risks ranging from Cash, Bank, Staff and vendor Debtors.
Terms of Reference
The finance officer’s under the supervision of the National Finance Lead, will carry out the following:
- Provide operational oversight function on cash/bank management in the financial accounting unit
- Provide operational oversight function on cash/bank security in the finance unit
- Performs periodic physical petty cash counts and document all findings
- Performs spot checks on petty cash in safe and document findings
- Follow up on and review all staff travel requests, staff/vendors liquidations in line with policy.
- Prepare Bank Reconciliation Statements on a monthly basis for account for review by the Finance Lead by 5th of every month
- Monitoring the balances on-the staff and vendors’ advances and communicate to the Finance Lead on material exceptions to policies or identifying long outstanding ones for corrective actions
- Ensure that all statutory deductions such as With Holding Tax (WHT) are promptly remitted to the relevant statutory authority monthly
- Assist in conducting training on financial matters to staff when necessary
- Taking an active part in the preparation in the monthly and End of the project financial Report to funders
- Crosschecking the appropriateness and completion of the Petty Cash Vouchers with adequate approval.
- Post transaction to Quick Books
- Provide cover whenever the Finance Lead is not available in the office
- Accomplish other tasks as requested by the Finance and Administrative Lead.
- B.Sc. in Accounting, Finance or related field is strongly preferred. A Master’s level Degree is an advantage.
- A minimum of 2 years of progressive financial management experience on development projects is required.
- Experience coordinating human resources management activities, including the application of labor laws, recruitment, and performance appraisal systems is an advantage.
- Experience and Knowledge of Global Fund regulations, policies, and procedures, and familiarity with subgrants management is a plus.
- Fluency in English and the local language is required.
- Strong analytical and computer skills, especially with accounting software, spreadsheets, and financial analysis, knowledge of usage of Quick book is preferred.
Application Closing Date
25th June, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Submit a one-page Application Letter along with your CV and references online
- We are an equal opportunity organization that is committed to promoting, gender equality
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.