Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Potiskum, Yobe
Job type: Full Time
Career level: Mid Level
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Proposed start date: December 2022
- We are looking to fill the role of the Finance Officer who will be responsible to provide support on all financial activities in the base which will impact on the overall financial plan of the Nigerian mission.
- Reconciliation of cash book and bank statement;
- Ensure correspondence between the physical cash and bank book (bank statements) and the Excel/Saga cash & bank book on a daily, Bi-weekly and monthly basis;
- Ensure bank books & cash book are closed, reconciled & sent to capital office on monthly basis together with the bank reconciliation & cash counts;
- Make payments after verifying the consistency of supporting documents submitted in accordance with the Action Against Hunger procedures, ensuring all invoices are accurate, consistent and signed;
- Verify accuracy of and pay invoices for purchases and comply with procurement procedure;
- Contribute to elaboration of budget/ reports/ financial analysis when required or requested by line manager or Finance HOD;
- Assist Finance Manager in BFU review meetings;
- Support in preparation of the Bi-weekly cash transfer request to be submitted to the Finance HOD;
- Ensure that the cash box, bank, and the main safe maintain the minimum security amount;
- Maintain cash, bank, supplier contracts, PAYE, vendor & all other finance relevant contracts in finance department;
- Supervise the base Finance Assistants and ensure proper verification of documents being checked;
- Set objectives with staff under his/her direct management, and appraise their performance in accordance with Action Against Hunger performance management policies, identifying areas where they require support and capacity building;
- Ensure staff allowances are accurately computed in line with the HR policies before processing;
- Verify accuracy of and pay vouchers for the allowances of stakeholder, seconded staff and daily workers;
- Manage the advances, ensuring invoices are received and that they are consistent with the Action Against Hunger’s procedures (invoice accurate and signed);
- A University Degree (B.Sc) / HND in Finance, Accounting or a related Business Management field is required;
- 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: Finance and Accountancy;
- A relevant professional membership (ACCA, ICAN, ANAN) is an added advantage;
- Strong computer skills particularly in Microsoft excel, literacy and numeracy;
- Exceptional organization and planning skills, ability to manage and follow work plans;
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication, able to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback, be a team player;
- Able to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, and balance various team needs;
- Experience with computerized accounting systems; knowledge of SAGA would be a plus;
- Champion of ACF Charter values of: Professionalism, Transparency, Neutrality, Access to Victims and Non-Discrimination;
- Previous ACF experience, previous INGO experience;
- Experience with donor-funded programs;
- Experience supervising others desirable;
- Team player and flexible;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Starting Basic Salary and Benefits
- NGN 326,033 / Month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
Monday, 21st November, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- All candidates MUST ensure they answer all the questions asked for this application. Failure to do so means candidates will not be considered for the process.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.