LONTOR is a reliable brand that has been committed to providing high-quality, energy-efficient, convenient lighting and emergency household electrical products for the Nigerian consumer. With good quality and beautiful design, LONTOR today is welcomed by Nigeria market.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
- Develop and implement standard finance, accounting, billing and auditing procedures in coordination with Finance HQ in China.
- Take responsibility for all tax and statutory matters (e.g. Income Tax, PAYE, Pension, VAT. etc.), including the implementation of optimal tax structuring for the company, and accurate preparation of all tax returns and other statutory and regulatory information as required by governing bodies.
- Maintain banking relationships and serve as primary liaison with financial institutions.
- Create, coordinate and evaluate the financial programs and supporting information systems of the company for tax planning, salary payments etc.
- Improve the automated financial and management information systems for the company
- Oversee the approval process of revenue, expenditure, and position control documents, mass salary updates, ledger and account maintenance and data entry
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards and manage all risks
- To ensure expenses are matched with company budget
- To prepare accurate monthly funding plans
- To review all payment application request in accordance with company standards and guidelines.
- To ensure effective management of company current and non- assets.
- Ensure monthly cashflow are prepared and sent to the management as at when due.
- Prepare financial structure, job descriptions, work lists, performance appraisals for team members
- Coordinate weekly and monthly finance team meeting
- Regular training of finance team members
- Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action.
- Provide full support to the GM on financial functions
- Prepare annual financial and management report
- Prepare monthly business analysis report
- Work and support the external auditors during annual audit exercise.
- Manage the account receivable report and ensure overdue outstanding balances are pay as at when due
- Reconciliation of customer’s account statement
- Review monthly inter-company reconciliation statement as prepared by subordinate
- Ensure records systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards, assist in obtaining the necessary licenses and insurance required to operate the business
- Be actively involved in the preparation of financial statements, financial & management reports, special analyses and information reports. Initiate corrective actions if needed; where appropriate finalise statutory accounts
- Advise on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should take
- Develop trends and projections for the firm’s finances.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Steer the process of elaboration of monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statements/reports of the country in line with internal and external requirements within the set time frames
- Ensure appropriate general and stock accounting; secure correctness of payment, transaction and document entry
- Ensure the generation of reports and information based on ad hoc request
- Take ownership and coordinate all financial audits as well as working with the internal and external auditors to ensure timely completion, sign-off and filing of annual audited accounts
- Maintain close contact with Finance HQ in the Netherlands with regard to all Finance related issues and concerns
Experience and Education
- First Degree in Accounting or relevant discipline
- Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting is a huge advantage
- At least 10 years of progressive financial responsibility
- At least 5 years’ experience in senior-level finance or accounting position and a holder of a CPA/CA/ACCA
- Previous (senior) management experience within the energy industry is desirable
- High level of proficiency in IFRS along with its right application
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint; web-based and email programs
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of financial management systems, accounting policies and standards; tax management, cost accounting etc.
- Ability to provide consultative support to all questions coming from Finance HQ
- Demonstrable passion for our company’s mission; a hands-on manager with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic environment.
- An analytical mindset aimed at improving accounting and administration standards
- The ability to develop effective working relationships and partnerships
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.