Lagos State Teachers latest job portal opens. Apply for Lagos state teachers position and recruitment today. AA&R Investment Group is an indigenous, wholly-owned capital holding and investment company in Nigeria. Established in 2017 under visionary leadership, we have grown a bold reputation for conceptualizing, investing in, and managing high potential business opportunities acrossvarious sectors of the economy and with a strong vision to provide value for shareholders including key stakeholders in our host communities. Our ethical conduct, strong entrepreneurial drive, and commitment to giving back secures our stay in business.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Manage all accounting operations for the group, including the development of periodic financial reports, maintenance of accounting records, development of relevant processes and documented system of accounting policies designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the daily accounting deliverables.
- Manage the group’s asset register as well as monitor and report on the group’s fixed assets and subsidiaries cash flow.
- Develop benchmarks and metrics to measure the financial performance of company and its subsidiaries.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to oversee company’s internal control system.
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities.
- Provide accurate and timely financial reports and management accounts; clearly articulating the business’s performance and financial position to all stakeholders.
- Monitor the cash flow position throughout the company and its subsidiaries, understand the sources and uses of cash, and provide insight to management on cash flow projections.
- Implement and ensure compliance with acceptable accounting practices and procedures in accordance with IFRS and internal policies and procedures.
- Prepare and publish monthly, quarterly and annual management accounts in compliance with IFRS standards.
- Prepare Inter-company reconciliation and statements.
- Prepare monthly variance reports for all reporting entities and provide explanations to variances.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of the group’s financial reporting system.
- Ensure compliance for statutory deductions and payments.
- Manage all tax related issues and statutory filing for the Company and its subsidiaries.
- Plan and manage the annual external accounts audit to produce draft financial statements within 10 weeks of the year end;
- Maintain financial accounting systems for accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory and credit control operations in line with the Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported.
- Prepare and manage annual budgets and financial plans for the Company and its subsidiaries.
- Ensure timely reconciliation of account balances and bank statements.
- Create monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts.
- Supervise and manage finance and accounts department staff, including accountants and financial assistants.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or any other related discipline.
- Minimum of 8 -10 years similar experience in any of the “BIG 4” with at least three (3) years in a managerial position.
- Relevant professional qualifications such as ACA, ACCA required.
- Experience in group accounting is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in sage is mandatory.
About Lagos State Teachers: Earlier before 2005, the affairs, welfare and other related matters concerning teachers in Lagos State was coordinated and controlled by the Post- Primary Teaching Service Commission (PP- TESCOM) which was at some time headed by a Chairman / Executive Secretary till 2004. In 2005, the Teachers’ Establishment and Pensions Office (TEPO) was created from the defunct Post- Primary Teaching Service Commission (PP-TESCOM) by the Education Reforms Law of year 2005 which also established the Six Education Districts, each headed by a Tutor General / Permanent Secretary under the Administration of the former Governor, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
Application Closing Date
30th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the e-mail.