Terragon is Africa’s fastest-growing enterprise marketing technology company. We aggregate and enrich difficult-to-source consumer data, generating measurable outcomes for telco’s, banks, and larger brands. Terragon uses its on-demand marketing cloud platform, attribution software, and deep analytics capability to enable thoughtful, targeted omni-channel access to 100m+ mobile-first African consumers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Intern
Employment Type: Full-time
As a Finance Intern, a typical day might include the following:
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Reviewing and ensuring Posting of all IFRS Adjustment.
- Review and ensure Withholding Tax (WHT) are deducted correctly from Vendor Invoices and subsequently remitted promptly to the respective tax authority (FIRS and LIRS) accordingly.
- Review and ensure daily and end of month posting of all payment vouchers and Journals before impacting into general ledger.
- Assist with financial modeling
- Provide general accounting support
- Help with accounts receivable management
- Provide support for annual budgeting process
- Present data-driven recommendations to the finance team
- Prepare monthly/quarterly financial analysis packets for management
- Carry out all other duties as delegated by Senior Officer.
You’d be a good fit if you have:
- A B.Sc Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- 1-2 years experience as a Financial Accountant or similar role
- Knowledge of MS Excel and accounting software.
- ICAN and ACCA certifications to give you an added advantage.
- In-depth understanding of business bookkeeping procedures
- Solid knowledge of accounting regulations
- Excellent math skills with an attention to detail
- Time-management abilities.
Application Closing Date
10th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified caniddates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.