The Finance Head of Department at Action Against Hunger is a senior management role responsible for overseeing the financial operations of the organization. This position reports directly to the Country Director and works closely with the senior management team to ensure that the organization’s financial resources are managed effectively.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Head of Department
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Employment Type: Fixed term contract under French legislation
Duration: 12 months
Start Date: 01-04-2023
Your Job and Your Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the deputy country director, you will be in charge of ensuring sound and transparent administration of funds by providing accounting and financial management consistent with the ACF financial management framework and local legislation.
More specifically, you will be in charge of:
- Contributing to the definition of mission strategy
- Ensuring high quality accounting for the mission
- Ensuring high quality cash management for the mission
- Providing financial and budgetary management
- Promoting and ensuring financial collaboration and coordination with mission partners
- Preventing and managing fraud and corruption
- Managing the Finance team in capital and be Technical/Support Manager of Finance Managers in the bases: 27 people in different positions (Deputy Head of Finance Department, Capital Accountany, Finance Specialist, Finance Manager, Finance Officers, Finance and Admin Officers, Finance Assistants, and Finance Assistants)
- You hold an advanced Degree in Accounting/Finance with a minimum of 5 years experience and at least three (3) years in a managerial role.
- A relevant professional membership (ACCA, ICAN) is an added advantage.
- You are recognized for your exceptional organizational skills, time management skills, and attention to detail.
- You are able to lead and manage a large team across various locations;
- You are very confident with Excel and excellent communication skills with the capacity to write quality reports;
- Strong analytical and reporting skills.
- Experience in budget and risk management.
- Experience with SAGA accounting system preferably.
- Knowledge of international donor requirements.
- Experience with accounting systems; knowledge of SAGA would be a plu.
- Knowledge of AAH financial management framework preferably.
- Fluency in English is required.
Specific Conditions / Salary
- Monthly gross salary from 2450€ to 3800€ upon experience
- Monthly per diem and living allowance: $426 + $304 net, field paid
- Monthly country allowance: 450€
- Child allowance: 1500€ per year per child present in the country of origin (maximum 6000€/year)
- 16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens .
- 12 months fixed term contract under French legislation
- Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
- Medical coverage: 100% coverage of health contributions (social security + health insurance) and repatriation insurance
- Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year and 215 € at each RnR period
- Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.
- The organization is having multiple projects with various donors. If you would like to work in a complex context with a diverse team, then we encourage you to apply.