Panagora Group, a woman-owned, small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Job Opening ID: 522
Job Type: Full time
Project / Activity: USAID / Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- We seek an experienced finance assistant for an anticipated USAID/Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning activity.
- This is a long-term position based in Abuja, Nigeria expected to start in Spring 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Finance and Administration Manager in accounting tasks for the MEL activity.
- Review all invoices received from suppliers in detail to ensure they comply with legal and current Nigerian regulations and ensure that all invoice supporting documentation is complete in accordance with policies and procedures established by Panagora Group, including approvals for services.
- Prepare payments to suppliers, consultants, subcontractors, and others and record all payments in financial software in accordance with policies and procedures established by Panagora Group and local laws.
- Assist in management of petty cash disbursements, management, and records for the MEL activity.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations, financial reports, and tax witholdings/contributions, etc. as required by Panagora Group policies and local laws, under the direction of the F&A Manager.
- Prepare additional routine and ad-hoc financial and accounting reports, as requested.
- Maintain accurate and detailed accounting file records and documents, according to Panagora Group policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by the F&A Manager or Chief of Party.
- Technical degree in Accounting or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum two years of experience in accounting and bookkeeping.
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office, including Excel, and accounting software such as CostPoint.
- Clear attention to detail, ability to assist in project financial management.
- Knowledge of regulatory, contractual, legal, and financial compliance requirements associated with USAID funding a plus.
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and adapt to frequently changing priorities.
- Must be a legal resident of Nigeria.
- Moderate English oral and written communication skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Only applicants who include the required application components will be considered.
- Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship at this time.