The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Administrative Officer
Recruitment Type: National (1-year renewable contract)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture on behalf of CIP seeks suitable Nigerian for the position of: Finance and AdministrativeOfficer at the CIP project location in Abuja. NPSSP aims to support potato seed security in Nigeria by building local capacity within the public and private sector to supply adequate amounts of quality seed of in-demand and locally adapted varieties that meet the main market segment, while supporting smallholder farmers in maximizing their investments in seed through building capacity in on-farm seed quality management, good agricultural practices for improving soil health and fertility.
- Support on first-level analysis on financial operations of the country office and ensure timely delivery of financial reports, including cash and bank management, payroll, ledgers, and other aspects of the country’s financial management;
- Enter financial information, timely month-end close, and maintain all financial records for projects and the organization;
- Prepare, examine, and analyse accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards;
- Develop financial controls, analyse office and project budgets, make recommendations on budget expenditures and monitor the expenditures to ensure that program funds are utilized appropriately by the close of the fiscal year;
- Ensure that all financial report is completed on time.
- Coordinate the country statutory annual audits.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting, or other tax requirements;
- Prepare fixed assets of the Center, review and support the preparation of inventories;
- Coordinate procurement of goods and services;
- Assist on Timesheet coordination’s;
- Responsible for the coordination of IT issues with headquarters, serves as IT Key user and act as a focal point for security matters.
- Follow HR processes and practices of the hosted centre.
- In coordination with the HRBP assigned to the country, advice, and support staff on all aspects of employee relations (from Recruitment to Departure) and help them to interpret and apply HR policies and practices in day-to-day work;
- Support on payroll accruals and reconciliations, maintain detailed records and documentation of payroll functions for audit purposes, following legal requirements.
- Ensure files are well kept in a physical and electronical file for audit purposes.
Grants & Contracts:
- Coordinate with the Grants and Contracts (G&C) team contracts related actions. This will require to follow up on project management related activities such as signature and agreements or reporting on a need basis.
- Liaise with the G&C office to monitor deliverables reporting for grants applicable to the operations in the Country.
- B.Sc. / HND in Accounting or related discipline with minimum of three (3) years of professional experience performing similar functions, preferably in an environment of international organizations or NGOs. Experience in Accounting software packages (ERP’s) will be an added advantage.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be proficient in MS Office especially in Excel.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
25th February, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the online application below, attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, a professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.