Umba is an African neo bank that offers a combination of services that both traditional and digital banks offer. Making us a one stop shop for your financial needs. We want to provide free, easier, and accessible banking to Africans.
Umba Inc has recently acquired a 100% stake in a Microfinance Bank in Nigeria following an approval in principal from the CBN and is now going through the formal approval process to commence operations as new digital bank. Operations are expected to commence in quarter three 2022.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Accountant
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full Time
Career Level: Entry Level
- The Finance Accountant is a role reporting to the Finance Manager. This position is responsible for supporting the Finance function to manage all finance, Accounting, Tax, Regulatory reporting and Treasury activities for the Bank.
- The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring accurate accounting data is captured, investigations for variances are carried out and closed on time, management accounts are generated, daily reconciliations are done and statutory reports are prepared on time for approval by the Finance Manager for forwarding to the Central Bank among other responsibilities.
- Manage all trade payables and receivables by ensuring the appropriate payments are processed within the prudential timelines and receivables are pursued and collected within the agreed period.
- Process invoices
- Ensure all transactions that are done off the Core Banking System are booked in the Accounting system.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Reconciliation of bank statements and failed transactions both in the Core Banking System and the Accounting system
- Participate in financial audits.
- Participate in the annual budget process, forecasting and all other financial planning exercises in consultation with the Finance Manager.
- Prepare all financial related regulatory returns in a timely manner on time for approval by Finance manager before forwarding to the Central Bank of Nigeria.
- Responsible for timely preparation of tax reports
- Participation in considering and inputting assumptions in the IFRS model and ensuring they are current and appropriate and that the outputs are accurate.
- Monitoring all regulatory financial ratios and escalating any adverse trend on any ratio to the Finance Manager to alert the management team for appropriate action.
- Ensure all crucial financial administrative records are archived and are accessible in case of need.
- Manage payroll and ensure staff salaries are processed on a timely manner reflecting all pre-payroll changes and ensure all statutory deductions are remitted to the respective agencies.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics, Business or any other relevant field.
- Minimum of 3 year experience in a similar role, in a regulated financial institution.
- Must have banking experience
- Professional qualification in Accounting
- Member of a professional body
- Must have a good grasp of the CBN Microfinance Banking Guidelines.
- Have in-depth accounting Knowledge
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online