Field Work III Jobs in Nigeria Recruitment at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA). The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting for the following position:
Job Title: Field Work III
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
>> Check Out Latest IITA Recruitment 2020 / 2021 (7 Positions)
Contract: 2-year renewable contract
- Carryout data collection activities and trial maintenance of the cocoasoils core trials at IITA-Ibadan;
- Arrange for supervision of maintenance activities in the cocoasoils core trial at IITA Ibadan.
- Coordinate the irrigation of the Cocoa soils core trial at IITA Ibadan;
- Control cocoa and plantain for pest and disease infestation and arrange for pest and disease control measures;
- Contribute to monthly reports on the trial status and report damages of equipment’s to the trial manager;
- Report any damages (other than those caused by pests and diseases) to the cocoa trees to the trial manager and conduct visitors to the trial;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- O’level with minimum of four (4) years’ related experience performing related role in an international organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Ability to use the basic MS software: Word, Excel PowerPoint for reporting and creating data collection forms.
- Have ability to use ODK forms and procedures to collect and upload data.
- Have ability to know the bar code labelling concept and the procedure of allocating and reading bar codes.
- Have ability to detect and identify major cocoa pests and diseases. Ability to rapidly respond to threats.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application