Halliburton Energy Services Nigeria Limited – In the coming decades, energy resources will become increasingly difficult to find and access. As one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry, Halliburton serves the life cycle of the well.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Professional (RT Geomechanic, Genl)
Requisition Number: 170952
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering / Science / Technology
Product Service Line: Halliburton Consulting
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Job Segment: Technical Writer, Data Entry, Unix, Consulting, QC, Technology, Administrative, Quality
- We are looking for the right people – people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers.
- Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under broad direction, prepares and deploys real-time geomechanical modeling applications in the field and office environment.
- Provides recommendations to the client that aide in the prevention or elimination of formation fluid influx, drilling fluid loss and wellbore instability.
- Participates in the quality control processes defined by the practice and interacts with other technical professionals to ensure modeling solutions are timely, robust and of exceptional quality.
- Thorough knowledge of onshore and offshore drilling practices is required. Demonstrates technical aptitude to standards.
- Promotes safety awareness and environmental consciousness, and complies with all applicable safety and environmental procedures and regulations.
- Ensures compliance with Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) regulations and guidelines.
- Promotes and takes an active part in quality improvement processes.
- Skills acquired through completion of Undergraduate Degree in Engineering or Geoscience and at least 10 years of experience in drilling operations. Completion of a Graduate Degree in Engineering or Geoscience preferred.
- Must possess good communication, supervisory, interpersonal leadership, good verbal communication, presentation, technical writing, arithmetic, data entry, and recording skills.
- Proven competency in relevant computer software including Drillworks, Wellplan and Compass.
- Experience using data transfer systems such as WITS and WITSML required.
- Must be able to explain and apply pore pressure, in situ stress and rock mechanical property modeling into regional and field level interpretation under general supervision.
- Ability to generate complex pre-drill pore pressure and geomechanics solutions to be utilized for well planning applications required.
- Ability to support geomechanically dependent drilling operations and make reasonable recommendations for optimal well construction.
- Certifiable knowledge in one core G&G application and able to support some sub-products (poststack/pal, TDQ, rave, earthcube, contour assistant, compass, wellplan, SUN, SGI, and IBM workstations).
- Must be certified or demonstrates ability in seismic data management and/or geodata management.
- Some systems support capability for the geoscience and engineering professions, ability to work in client server environment.
- 7+ years of unix / pc knowledge.
- Must possess competency in 1D Pore Pressure and In situ Stress Modeling using Drillworks (Role Model), 2D Wellbore Stability Modeling using Drillworks (Role Model), Compartment Pressure modeling using Drillworks SafeSeal (Role Model), WITS & WITML Connections with outside vendors (Role Model), 3D Geologic modeling using Drillworks-Presage (Role Model), preparation and presenting project results (Role Model), and Providing sales support for real-time and predrill projects (Role Model).
- Requires deployment to field sites in helicopters and/or boats.
- Locations may be remote and physcially/mentally challenging.
- Fear of flying, water or heights would disqualify a potential applicant.
- Should be able to teach and mentor Drillworks Expert and Compass and Wellplan software packages at various locations.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.