Unemployed Nigerians that previously applied for the NPower Batch C can now continue the process as the Federal Government has communicated its readiness to accept another batch of NPower batch.
The last set of N-Power beneficiaries exited the government intervention programme last year, but since then little has been made known about the next batch. With the unemployment rate at 27.1% as at August 2020, the clamour for NPower became more intense. NPower was created by President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration to reduce unemployment. The applicants, when chosen, are shared into different workgroup, from Agrobusiness to tech, teaching, creative, and also hardware and software jobs. After months of jittery over fears of cancellation, on Friday, the Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, under which N-Power is situated, said the enrollment process for Batch C has started. The government said individuals that had started registration for Batch C should update their profile. through the www.nasims.gov.ng, and seat for an exam to qualify for selection.
In a statement from the Ministry, it was stated that continuous enrollment is the next stage of accepting the next Batch of beneficiaries that have waited since the second half of last year to join the poverty alleviation programme.
According to the statement released by the Ministry, it was stated that: “The general public, especially those that applied for the N-power program, that the Ministry has initiated the next stage of the enrolment process for the Batch-C applicants.” This announcement douses the fears that the government was planning to cancel N-Power due to the country’s revenue and debt problem, which was compounded by the COVID-19 pandemic that sent Nigeria’s economy into recession before it exited in the fourth quarter of last year. N-Power beneficiaries are paid N30,000 per mount after selection into the programme, which is expected to last for six months. When the intervention programme started in 2016, the first batch spent four years in the programme, while Batch B used two years. About 500,000 applicants are selected. READ ALSO N-Power: FG gives fresh updates on Batch C selection process Pay attention: Join a community of CEOs, founders and decision-makers: subscribe for a free monthly business newsletter Digital Talks and succeed BIG! The process to continue the application for the test Check their respective email addresses provided at the point of application for information on how to log in to the portal. Visit ww.nasims.gov.ng to log into the applicant portal and update their personal information and records. Follow the instructions provided on the portal and take the online test.