Enugu Electricity Distribution PLC (EEDC) – In 1962, the Niger Dams Authority was established by an Act of the Parliament. The Authority was responsible for the construction and maintenance of Dams and other works on the river Niger and elsewhere, generating electricity by means of water, improving navigation and promoting fisheries and irrigation. The Electricity Corporation of Nigeria (ECN) and the Niger Dams Authority (NDA) were merged to become National Electric Power Authority (NEPA) by decree No.24 of 1972. The Authority was to develop and maintain an efficient, co-ordinate an economic system of electricity supply for all parts of the Federation. The Authority generates electricity through two major sources: Hydro and Thermal. The Hydro Power stations are Kainji Hydro Power station with capacity of 760MW, Jebba Hydro Power station with 578.4MW capacity, Shiroro Hydro Power Station 600MW. The Thermal Power stations are: Afam Thermal Power station with 696MW, Lagos thermal power station, Delta IV thermal Power station with 600MW and Sapele Thermal Power station 1020MW.
We are recruiting to fill the following position:
Note: This position is closed
Job Title: Feeder Manager (Comparable to Service Centre Manager)
Location: South Eastern Nigeria
- To ensure the supply of uninterrupted and quality power to consumers in his/her feeder, and to work towards maximization of revenue generation through effective management of service center staff, detecting and curbing energy theft in the area, fault clearing and recovery of billed revenue.
Specific Functions and Responsibilities
- Work towards reducing the ATC&C losses by effective detection and termination of energy theft. Effectively monitor and manage customer disconnections and re-connections by disconnection gangs to minimize theft and default cases.
- Certify prompt restoration of power equipment following breakdown in the system by undertaking the necessary preventive and corrective action in order to ensure such faults do not reoccur.
- Closely manage marketers and their billing cycle activities including but not limited to reading of meters, recording of data for bill generation; delivery of the bill and payment of the bill by the consumers.
- Monitor bill distribution to ensure timely bill delivery; to improve collections and company performance.
- Have demonstrable problem-solving skills and proven ability to resolve consumer complaints, improve customer satisfaction, and address customer concerns at consumer forums and meetings.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or HND in Engineering, preferably with specialization in electrical/electronic engineering; BSc/BA/HND in Economics or Banking & Finance, or Business Administration; BSc/BA/HND in the Physical or Natural Sciences.
- 5 Years Postgraduate Experience – Knowledge of techniques & procedures for operation and maintenance of electrical equipment and tools; Knowledge of maintenance of service lines, switch gears, sub-station, trouble shooting, Knowledge of transformers and their maintenance and load reading for inlet and outlet of power, Knowledge of cables, testing and jointing of cables; Knowledge of meters, their installation, testing and sealing; experience in detection and prevention of energy theft; Knowledge of material specification and reconciliation procedures; Knowledge of safety procedure and compliance with same at work.
Application Closing Date
14th March, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Fill Application Form
Note: No hard copy application will be entertained and prospective candidates are advised against attempting to submit applications at any EEDC office.