Quebec Food Processing Industrial Parks Limited is a start-up Agro, Food and Tropical Fruits production and processing investment firm duly registered with the corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) with RC: 1710593.
The Company is envisioned to deal on all-around agricultural production, processing, marketing, distribution, agro export investments and the company is poised to develop, own and manage Agro-processing industrial Parks in the state based on our business model that gears towards creating direct/indirect jobs for both local farmers and Agriculture-major related graduates through the setting up of enormous processing plants with major aim of reducing the massive unemployment rate in Nigeria and bring-in new investment opportunities in the agric sector.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Farm Manager
Location: Owerri, Imo
Employment Type: Full-time
- Direct and coordinate, through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities of workers engaged in agricultural crop production for the company, cooperatives, or other owners as directed by management.
Job Duties and Tasks
- Directs and coordinates worker activities, such as planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, grading, payroll, and record keeping.
- Contracts with farmers or independent owners for raising of crops or for management of crop production.
- Coordinates growing activities with those of engineering, equipment maintenance, packing houses, and other related departments.
- Analyzes market conditions to determine acreage allocations.
- Confers with purchasers and arranges for sale of crops.
- Records information, such as production, farm management practices, and parent stock, and prepares financial and operational reports.
- Determines procedural changes in drying, grading, storage, and shipment for greater efficiency and accuracy.
- Analyzes soil to determine type and quantity of fertilizer required for maximum production.
- Inspects equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Inspects orchards and fields to determine maturity dates of crops or to estimate potential crop damage from weather.
- Plans and directs development and production of hybrid plant varieties with high yield or disease and insect resistant characteristics.
- Purchases machinery, equipment, and supplies, such as tractors, seed, fertilizer, and chemicals.
- Hires, discharges, transfers, and promotes workers, enforces safety regulations, and interprets policies.
- Evaluates financial statements and makes budget proposals.
N720,000 – N960,000 annually
Application Closing Date
15th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shouls send their Cover Letter and CV to: