IITA is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Family Physician
Ref No: IITA-HR-NRS2023-001
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
- Manage all medical problems presented to the clinic, 24hours a day, and 7 days a week.
- Arrange referrals to other outside health facilities in liaison with the unit head e.g., dental, obstetrics, surgery etc., as the need arises.
- Investigate clinical problems with the use of comprehensive high-tech laboratory, and other diagnostic equipment.
- Monitor the effect of dangerous chemicals on staff working as chemical handlers and sprayers.
- Participate in the medical screening exercise for IITA staff and community.
- Collaborate with the Unit Head in the discharge of clinical duties.
- Publish health education and promotion articles in the institute bulletin as assigned by the Head, IITA Clinic.
- Facilitate / conduct relevant occupational health related activities for different units as directed by the unit head.
- Organize in-house continuing medical education of the entire clinic staff on clinical skills and relevant customer relation skills.
- Take weekdays and weekend calls.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
MBBS or MB ChB plus a post graduate fellowship qualification in General Medical Practice (Family Medicine) and must be a registered member of the Nigerian Medical Council with a minimum of eight (8) years’ postgraduate and working experience in at least 3 of the following:
- General medical practice including accident and emergency unit.
- Intensive care management of various subspecialty medical problems.
- Many years of experience in in-patient medical problems.
- Family health practice in a metropolitan city.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be computer literate, compassionate and have empathy.
- Be committed to high ethical standards for personal and professional conduct.
- We offer highly competitive salaries with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
24th January, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interested applicants should complete the online application through the link above attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format.
- The application must include the names and e–mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.