PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. We’re one of the leading professional services firms in the country with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, over 1000 staff and 31 resident partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Experienced Manager, Risk Management
Ref No: 65801WD
Job Type: Full time
Line of Service: Assurance
Industry/Sector: CM X-Sector
Management Level: Manager
Job Description & Summary
- A career within our Risk Management team will provide you with the opportunity to help business leaders embed forward looking and dynamic risk management capabilities into their corporate business practices.
- From strategy through to implementation, we help put in place people, processes and technology our clients can leverage to identify new opportunities and pursue success as smoothly, systematically and sustainably as possible, in the face of changing markets, technologies and competition.
- We work with a broad range organisations to develop robust enterprise and emerging risk solutions that satisfy compliance demands, contribute to better decision making and enhance performance.
- We have current emphasis on leveraging analytics and technology solutions in risk management.
- To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
- The candidate, as part of PwC’s Risk Management team, will function as a Manager specialising in both financial and non-financial risks within various sectors of industry – financial, manufacturing, energy, etc.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Play a significant role in developing and delivering on our strategic priorities, which includes initiating value propositions, seeking clientele, writing proposals to win new work, and playing a key role in efficient engagement delivery.
- Assess and manage project risks and commercial targets.
- Project team management and coaching; Assume responsibility for project staff’s work quality, efficiency, workload, and development.
- Challenge issues potentially influencing the viability of new work and the potential risk effect on existing clients.
- Work through complex processes and/or regulatory obligations.
- Lead thought leadership groups and research and development activities as appropriate.
- Build relationships with clients and actively look for opportunities to connect.
- Supporting leadership in the initiatives for growth and development of the Risk team.
Experience & Academic Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from a reputable college/university.
- ACCA, ICAN, FRM, CPA or comparable certification is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in a financial services institution or similar role in a professional services firm.
- Excellent command of COSO, ISO 31000 frameworks and other leading risk management frameworks; as well as an advanced knowledge of risk, controls, accounting and risk management system and tools.
- Demonstrated experience in:
- Enterprise risk transformation;
- Designing and assessing effectiveness of clients’ enterprise wide risk management frameworks and programs in line with regulation, organisational objectives and leading practices.
- Performing risk assessments, surveys, dashboards, scorecards, and reports using appropriate metrics (key risk indicators, loss event data, emerging risks, control effectiveness) to support the senior management and board in the evaluation and reporting of enterprise risk;
- Use of risk management technology;
- Facilitating risk management training programs; and
- Supporting companies’ enterprise risk transformation.
- Practical experience and working knowledge in four or more of the following: risk governance and analytics, market risk management, credit risk management, treasury and liquidity risk management & ILAAP , operational risk management; capital management and ICAAP, ideally in a professional service environment or financial institution.
- Strong experience in the model development tasks, including data cleaning, credit risk modelling (e.g. PD/LGD/EAD estimation), risk parameters application, A-IRB, economic capital, RAPM, IFRS-9 models and stress testing Models, big data AI modelling and application is a plus.
- Experience with the development and use of enterprise risk systems and tools.
- Experience in working in a project-based and team-oriented environment, with proven record of managing teams and delivery in fast-paced and demanding environments; ideally one of the big 4 or other related professional services firms.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Experience in building and maintaining strong relationships with C-suite and board level stakeholders.
- Experience in business development and relationship building.
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills (presentation & facilitation).
- A proactive approach to problem solving, delivering results and meeting client expectations.
- Strong management skills and proven people management skills.
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others.
- Project management skills – ability to manage across multiple and complex projects
Application Closing Date
16th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online