WASIL – West African Soy Industries Limited operates one of the largest specialized oils and fats processing complexes in Africa. The manufacturing facility is located in Sagamu, Ogun State, Nigeria, with raw materials sourced from farmers in Kaduna, Katsina, Niger and other states across Nigeria. The Company is active in the Soy value chain through its out-grower farming activities by providing high quality agri-inputs to farmers and procuring farm produce from them through off-take arrangements. WASIL also educates the farmers on Yield Enhancement Techniques (YET) to improve their crop yield, and trains women on best practices in Shea collection and primary processing.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Expeller / Oil Mill Operator
Location: Sagamu, Ogun
Employment Type: Full time
- Tend machine that flattens and dries oilseed, such as soybean and presses it to extract oil: Turns handwheels to adjust distance between rollers that flatten oilseed.
- Starts rollers and turns gate valve to admit oilseed.
- Observes rolling process to ensure that pressure of rollers on oilseed is not sufficient to extract oil.
- Turns control of heat drier to specified temperature, and opens chute to admit flattened oilseed to drier.
- Turns steam valves of heat cooker to cook dried oilseed.
- Turns handwheels to adjust roller pressure of oil expeller.
- Feels samples of expelled oilseed to determine that sufficient quantity of oil has been removed.
- Tend attrition mill that breaks up dehydrated oilseed.
- May be designated according to process phase as Crusher Tender; Drier Tender II; Oil-Expeller.
- ND or HND in any Engineering field
- Minimum of 3-5 Years work experience as an Oil Mill operator.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online