PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria – Our client is a foremost commodity exchange in Africa’s largest economy providing excellent trade facilitation for economic diversification. It is a unique partnership of commodity market actors bringing together farmers, commodity brokers and buyers through its trading platform.
In line with its transformative growth aspirations, the organization is recruiting competent and self-driven individuals to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Director, Business Operations
Reference Number: 130-PEO01234
Job type: Permanent
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop and regularly review relevant operational policies, systems and operating procedures for the Exchange’s core operations
- Ensure the Exchange’s operational policies and practices comply with relevant laws, standards, and regulations
- Lead a seamless integration of the Exchange’s transaction cycle from commodity deposit to trading, delivery and payment
- Manage the creation of commodity warehouse operations units in alignment with the exchange’s operational growth plans
- Provide technical expertise in the design and implementation of warehouse assurance policies, commodity specifications and standards
- Build the Exchange’s institutional capacity on storage, quality, clearing house, trading operations, central depository and market data processes
- Ensure effective management of the Exchange’s Branch Operations
- Provide strategic leadership in the design and implementation of warehouse assurance policies, commodity specifications and standards
- Supervise and approve the development of new standards and contract specifications as required by the Exchange
- Identify and implement process improvements to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of warehouse and market operations
- Establish operation performance targets and tracks key performance indicators on relevant operations under his/her domain
- Oversee the effective management of key stakeholder relationships and partnership with regard to operations matters.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Agricultural Economics or a related discipline
- MBA or relevant Masters’ degree
- A recognised and relevant professional certification
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant work experience in the Stock Market, Commodities Exchange or the Financial Services space. Five (5) out of the fifteen (15) years of experience must have been spent in a senior management role
- Proven ability to articulate and drive execution of operational strategies for core business areas in a financial services or commodities trading Exchange.
- Considerable experience managing key stakeholder relationships and partnerships with commodity market participants.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online