UpEnergy brings aspirational energy saving products within reach for low-income communities. We create valuable health and environmental outcomes by providing our users with products that improve their lives every day. Our approach combines local, on-the-ground teams leveraging our platform to best serve users, with over a decade of experience building platforms that generate valuable carbon emission reductions and allow us to provide our products to local communities at affordable subsidized prices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: General Admin
- We seek professionals interested in clean energy, rural distribution, international health, and development to serve as the Executive Assistant for our operations in given country.
- The role requires innovative and dynamic thinking, management skills, high organizational ability, and excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- The Executive assistant will report directly to the Country Director. UpEnergy distributes clean cookstoves and other energy-saving products throughout the country.
- As we source products from multiple suppliers and distribute them through over a dozen points of sale, An executive assistant who can manage the reporting process, key project timelines, and supporting teams and various projects is highly needed.
- Reporting directly to the Country director, the Executive Assistant provides executive and high-level administrative support to the country Director that includes a wide range of admin and business operations functions to enable the success and growth of our company. Main responsibilities will include:
- The EA will successfully communicate, and project manage strategic initiatives in line with the leadership’s priorities
- Overseeing the management of our Abuja office (branding, equipment, software, intranet, compliance), while undertaking office improvement activities
- Implementing branding and marketing communications initiatives working closely with our global HQ – this may include representing UpEnergy at industry events at functions in Nigeria
- Manage key business partnerships that may not necessarily fall under the portfolio of any specific business unit.
- Drafting and collaborating on corporate communications, reports, and presentations
- Supporting the preparation of proposals and pitches, working closely with business development
- Coordinating schedules by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, travel, and reservations
- Being responsive to emails/texts/phone calls, including contact outside normal business hours
- Maintaining a high level of confidentiality and discretion
- Our ideal EA will have experience handling a wide range of business and executive support related tasks and will be able to work independently and take ownership of all assignments.
- This person must be exceptionally well organized, flexible, and willing to take on new challenges for our evolving company.
- A University Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of a Second Class Upper
- The ideal person for this role is someone who is very creative and entrepreneurial, someone who gets things done even without being told.
- 4+ years’ experience in a similar role; start up experience is a plus.
- Strong business acumen (developed through school or experience).
- Outstanding time management, execution, and organizational skills.
- Planning & project management skills; managing & coordinating multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be very Articulate and understand the dynamics of a business environment.
- Business level written and verbal English communication skills.
- Comfortable learning and adapting to different softwares
- A positive minded person who is able to work under pressure.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online