MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engineer – Fibre Optics Support Services, Network
Job Identification: 1692
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Category: MTN Level 2
Job Schedule: Full time
Reports To: Manager Optics and Fibre Transmission Service
- Ensure Reports of all failures, resolutions, Inspections, Supervision and updated As-Built Drawings are all well documented.
- Maintain a sound working relationship between the network operations section and all associated internal and external customers/partners.
- Provision of Second line support on fibre related issues.
- Ensure all new fibre infrastructures and equipment’s conform with MTN specification
- Provide support to vendors/partners to carryout error correction on fibre infrastructure using Network Management System (NMS) and all other available tools.
- Guarantee availability/Quality of Service of fiber infrastructure and DWDM equipment, react, and rectify all emergency faults within the Service Level Agreement.
- Validate optical infrastructure deployment plans as well as asses resource requirement s for MTNN according to set standard.
- Conduct quarterly vendor/contractor performance assessment/audit in order to identify issues and improve performance.
- Manage contractors/vendors Service Level Agreements in order to ensure compliance to MTNN guidelines and procedures as it relates to fiber infrastructure.
- Conduct spot checks, Works Supervision, Facilities Control and Enquiries Management on all MTN Fiber Infrastructures
- Conduct acceptance test on new fiber infrastructure and DWDM equipment.
- Participate in the execution of special projects as may be required.
- Initiate and supervise preventive and corrective maintenance on optical fiber infrastructure network and carry out planned works on the fiber infrastructure for network optimization and improvement.
- Provide high level support on optical fiber related issues to internal customers in line with MTNN quality.
- Coach and train staff/internal units on DWDM and fiber infrastructure.
- Manage all stakeholders and resolve conflicts and issues relating to optical infrastructure management
- First Degree in Engineering or in any related Science field
- Specialist certifications in Fibre transmission will be an added advantage
- Fluent in English.
- 3 – 7 years of experience which includes;
- Experience working in a medium-sized organization or Optics equipment OEMs
- Experience in telecommunications transmission .
Application Closing Date
22nd November, 2022 (11:59 PM).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online