Seplat Petroleum is a leading indigenous Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Company in Nigeria, with dual listing on the Premium Board of the Nigerian Stock Exchange and on the main market of the London Stock Exchange.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Energy Contractor, New Energy
Employment Time: Full Time
Level: Mid-Senior level
Overall Purpose of the Job
- The Energy Contractor, New Energy has the overall responsibility of reducing the carbon footprint and energy usage of Seplat. Specific areas of focus will include promoting energy efficiency procedures and direct emissions reduction measures across Seplat’s portfolio. In addition, the Energy Contractor will look at the company’s sources of energy, create models with the different energy sources to aid examining oil/gas production & gas processing processes and monitor energy usage.
- The Energy Contractor, New Energy is regarded as critical in supporting the organizations Energy Transition strategy and the expansion of Seplat’s core gas business operations into the Nigerian power sector (on-grid and/or captive market) and providing comprehensive analysis/feasibility to directly support the near-term development of renewables and other forms of new energy potential growth opportunities and projections.
- In addition, the Energy Contractor will play a significant advisory role in in energy related transaction ranging from – developing an action plan for addressing specific contractual challenges in On-Grid Electricity Generation in Nigeria, which have the potential of severely constraining the realisation of Seplat’s power (electricity) generation growth projections; electricity market issues pertaining to different participants/stakeholders in Nigeria’s power sector; financial model assumptions required for the valuation of Gas power plant investments in Nigeria as well as reviewing and facilitating securing of Power Purchase Agreement for the development of energy projects in Seplat.
- Furthermore, the Energy Contractor will drive and ensure optimal project delivery/implementation of the selected decarbonization and new energy investment choice(s) of the organization and keep abreast of emerging power and new energy initiatives & policies by FGN beneficial to Seplat’s preferred investment option(s).
- Finally, the position requires designing well-tailored developmental programmes for the New Energy team members to acquire the requisite skills commensurate for power investments and the new energy transition area as well as mentoring/coaching to bring out their best over time.
- First Degree in Engineering, Physical Sciences, Business or related Analytical disciplines.
- Minimum of 15 years post-qualification experience, the last 3 which must have been in a power utility or oil & gas company.
- Membership of relevant professional body or institute i.e. COREN, NSE, AAPG, NAPE etc.
- Exposure to upstream/midstream/downstream Oil & Gas value chain is important.
- Thorough understanding of the Industry as well as the dynamics of the business environment and economics of individual entities to elicit credibility with all levels of management.
- Demonstrated ability to lead/orchestrate negotiations on major transactions with business and technical partners at local and international levels.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online