Egbin Power Plc. is one of the major developments in Nigeria’s electrical sector, located in Lagos. It is frequently regarded as the largest single-generating power plant in Sub-Saharan Africa and was constructed to keep up with the region’s constantly expanding need for electricity in Lagos and the surrounding area.
After the country’s privatisation effort, Sahara, through its power subsidiary, Sahara Power Group, and several affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Station. For the next five years, our goal is to deploy at least 5,000 MW of electrical generating.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Employee Relations Manager
- Ensure employees are engaged through impactful employee engagement and welfare programmes
- And Support HR Operations unit in the drive to implement and manage employee-related activities to maintain an effective workforce, with a strong willingness to contribute to the success of the company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive the implementation and management of employee relations activities to maintain a motivated workforce
- Ensure availability of and access to relevant policy manual across the company and provide clarification as required
- Provide appropriate guidance to HR Representatives deployed to specific departments/sections and ensure employees’ needs are adequately met within the boundaries of Egbin Power Plc.’s policy provisions
- Develop effective employee engagement initiatives and ensure all employees are engaged
- Oversee periodic employee communication and approve the use of relevant channels such as company meetings, employee satisfaction surveys, newsletters, employee focus groups, one-on-one meetings, etc.
- Develop and oversee the employee welfare initiatives
- Stay abreast of changes to industrial regulations/employee requirements and obtain approval for appropriate changes
- Provide periodic reports on the activities and performance as its relations to employee relations for submission to Section Head, HR Operations
- Prepare budget inputs and contribute to the preparation of the budget
- Coach, mentor and conduct performance appraisal for subordinates on a timely basis
- Approve expenditure within limits of approval
- Conduct performance review of subordinates.
- Prepare periodic report for the attention of the Head HR Operations/ Chief Human Resources Officer
- Perform other duties as assigned by Chief Human Resources Officer.
Education and Work Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in humanities, Social Science, or relevant discipline from an accredited/ reputable university
- Professional qualification in HR Management e.g. Senior Professional in HR (SPHR), SHRM, Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) will be an added advantage
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ relevant work experience with at least three (3) years in managerial role
- A master’s Degree a plus.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good knowledge and understanding of key HR process areas and their linkages.
- Sound knowledge of relevant applications to support HR operations
- Good administration and organizational skills
- Solid understanding of data analysis, and budgeting
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office suites such as power point, excel and word etc
- Outstanding collaboration skills
- Good appreciation of change management processes
- Working knowledge of any HR cloud-based software is required
- Strong understanding of leading HR practices and industry trends
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Very good communication and presentation skills.
- Good business writing skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills and influencing skills.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
Application Closing Date
10th March, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.