General Electric – GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Outage Engineering Technical Project Manager (TPM) – EMEA Gas Turbine Engineer
Job ID: R3659979
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- Technical Project Manager (TPM) with extensive experience in GT26/13E2 legacy Alstom technology.
- The TPM stands at the forefront of Customers and represents GE in technical matters related to outage planning, outage execution, technical operation support and trouble shooting of GT26/13E2 fleet in EMEA pole.
- TPM will also act as point contact for all technical problem resolution for 26/13E2 fleet coordinating technical efforts with customer support engineers (CSEs) from Gas Power Customer Service Engineering organization to provide solutions to customers.
- As a key position of our Gas Power Services business, the TPM will lead technical issues of the assigned GT fleet, closely coordinating with all internal GE engineering and commercial / operation functions to ensure a consistent and smooth customer experience.
- Further, the TPM works closely with the Design, Parts, Configuration, MYA Systems Engineering, Product Service teams and establishes a close partnership with customer support engineers to ensure world class Engineering support for our customers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- TPM (Technical Project Manager) leads technical Customer interface for assigned GT26/13E2 fleet in coordination with CSEs, CPMs, CSLs, TAs.
Collaborates with internal engineering teams (i.e. Requisitions, Design, Parts, Configurations and Product Service) and CSEs to ensures consistent technical communication to Customers.
- Lead outage planning through OSA tool, process and milestone review calls with CPM/CSL/Field core to layout detailed Engineering recommendations to help site to plan outages. During milestones reviews, also looks for Extra work opportunities.
- Apply RAM+ to all outage planning assessment.
- Leads identification and implementation of business opportunities to improve assigned fleet.
- Accountable for plant technical history (RCA, technical issues, config, outage forecasting) in close collaboration with internal GE engineering (i.e. Customer Support Engg, Parts, Product Service and Configuration engineering teams).
- Provides inputs to application and requisition engineering to influence offers (ITO) and execution (OTR) of standardized CM&U and supports consolidation and integration of CM&U scope into standard outage schedule.
- Support FieldCore with technical briefing during outage planning and execution of the assigned GT26/13E2 fleet.
- Shares lesson learnt with other regional poles and implement the learning from other regions as applicable.
- Look for simplification opportunities to optimize day to day activities,
- Lead technical customer presentations (i.e. outage scope, issue resolution)
- Coordinates technical issue resolution prior, during and after outage execution.
- Complete Exchange Scenario planning for capital parts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
- Significant engineering experience in Gas Turbine, turbomachinery, design, or Gas power plant domain.
- Able to travel globally as needed.
- Drive decisions and navigates ambiguity, defines priorities connected to business needs.
- Proven experience with gas turbine technology (specifically with the GT26/13E2 technology), maintenance planning and execution and upgrades.
- Experience in successfully communicating with senior leadership and other stakeholders, both internally and externally , both verbally and in writing.
- Good presentation skills, able to explain technical issues to target groups such as Customer Management, technical and operations teams.
- Able to judge and analyze technical risks with respect to commercial impact and requirements.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Good skills to document, plan and manage programs that further the knowledge, understanding and capability of the business portfolios associated to assigned GT26/13E2 fleet.
- Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Program management experience.
- Problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Basic understanding of BOP and accessories will be an added advantage.
- Experience in design and/or product service.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online