Wartsila is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2018, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world.
We are recruiting a suitable candidate to join our team in the position below:
Job Title: Electrical Plant Technician
Location: Ewekoro, Ogun
Function: Contract Delivery
Job Category: Support Functions
- Maintain the plant according to company policies, procedures, and operation profile/plan.
- Identify and locate all existing sensors and transmitters of engines and auxiliary equipment as well as test and substitute them if necessary.
- Carry out inspections of all electrical equipment and take corrective actions when needed.
- Comply with all safety regulations (including isolation, lock out and tag out) and perform emergency procedures to protect personnel and equipment in case of damage or failure of safety devices.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor as required.
- Carry out planned preventive maintenance as detailed in the manuals.
- Ensure that the working area, machines, auxiliary equipment, and tools are kept in good and clean condition.
- Identify and correct abnormalities of the engine excitation systems as well as test the protection and supervision equipment of the systems.
- Create work reports according to guidelines.
- Perform all assigned maintenance related tasks as assigned by supervisors.
- HND / B.Eng / B.Sc. / B. Tech in Electrical Engineering or an equivalent Engineering background.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant industrial experience in O&M experience requirement in HFO power plant and its auxiliaries.
- Proven Working experience on Wartsila W50 DF Engines is an added advantage
- Proven working experience in a power plant is an added advantage
- Working experience with international companies (such as oil & gas and Power plants) being highly focused on the implementation and respect of QHSE procedure is an added advantage.
- Perform all activities needed to reach the objectives of the position and comply with the orders, instructions, values, and company policies applicable as employee and/or the position.
- Continuously seek for solutions keeping a customer focus mindset.
- We are seeking for an expert professional with strong problem solving and decision-making skill.
- Understanding of Wartsila business, quality, and workplace safety is a plus.
Application Closing Date
2nd January, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online