Acetings – Our client, JMG Nigeria Limited is a diversified solution provider with a broad portfolio in power generation, electrical infrastructures, industrial equipment, elevators & escalators and HVAC solutions. With 20 years of experience in Africa and strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- Schedule and undertake periodic maintenance on all electrical equipment, components, and installations
- Provide prompt response to inquiries whenever there is a breakdown, and resolve the issue as quickly as possible
- Ensure that equipments are in good working order so as to prevent disruption of activities
- Installation of fresh electrical components and fittings
- Recommend replacement for old or faulty electrical components or fittings to the management
- Assist in forecasting requirements, creating a budget and scheduling expenses for the electrical department
- Keep record of all stock and supplies, including company’s electrical equipment
- Working in collaboration with the production team to formulate the best cost-effective manufacturing process
- Perform energy audit and recommend alternative sources of energy
- Help the organization to reduce energy costs
- Ensure that all electrical gadgets and instruments are switched off after close of work daily
- Fix and maintain lighting fixtures and fittings
- Troubleshoot machine breakdowns and provide preventive maintenance services
- Learn new skills and attend training programs in other to increase knowledge of trends and best practices in the industry
- Provide safe working environment for members of staff, and ensure electricity induced accidents and mishaps are prevented
- Take steps to prevent fire outbreaks by making appropriate recommendations to management
- Purchase electrical fittings and components or supervise the staff charged with the responsibility
- Provide 24 hours a day maintenance services or assign technical staff to do so
- Supervise electrical works when new projects are undertaken
- Support the company in increasing profitability by managing resources efficiently and making necessary recommendations.
- B.Eng in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or any related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an electrical engineer
- Ability to comprehend and adhere to health and safety regulations and standards
- Ability to anticipate problems and quickly find solutions to them
- Ability to analyze situations and provide prompt solutions to challenges
- Someone who can generate innovative ideas and techniques easily.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume / CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.