Konga.com is Nigeria’s largest online mall. We launched in July 2012 and our mission is to become the engine of commerce and trade in Africa. We serve a retail customer base that continues to grow exponentially, offering products that span various categories including Phones, Computers, Clothing, Shoes, Home Appliances, Books, healthcare, Baby Products, personal care and much more.
Our range of services are designed to ensure optimum levels of convenience and customer satisfaction with the retail process; these services include our lowest price guarantee, 7-day free return policy*, order delivery-tracking, dedicated customer service support and many other premium services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: E-Commerce Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Ecommerce Manager will be primarily responsible for overseeing and managing the eCommerce department of a company with a significant online presence.
- They will handle decision-making for the website, social media accounts, and online advertising.
- They will also be responsible for research and development of new online marketing strategies, and for hiring and training the rest of the Ecommerce division.
- Own new item sell-in and throughout product life cycle (item setup, sell-through, forecasting, in-stock, pricing)
- Ensure operational excellence through close collaboration with the Supply Chain team to maintain in-stock status on-site, optimize new fulfilment opportunities, plan for peak periods, and improve/eliminate chargebacks.
- Develop and execute strategies to bring in prospect accounts and grow existing accounts to meet overall company plan and goals.
- Communicating product developments to prospective clients and old customers
- Overseeing the development of marketing literature and advertising
- Develop and manage independent sales distributors all over Nigeria
- Cultivate and maintain productive relationships with our customers (may include: dotcom buyers, category specialist, site merchandisers, content acquisition teams, etc) to expand our reach with the account.
- Own brand integrity online, monitoring and enforcing policies across retailers
- Manage all online activity in relation to traffic acquisition, sales, conversion and a/b testing and reporting
- Develop and implement an E-commerce strategy to improve website performance
- Work with developers to improve website speed
- Work with the marketing team or manage digital marketers to improve quality and traffic acquisition
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends, opportunities, channels, products, and competitors to be a trusted business advisor to accounts
- Represent Boyd Sleep at networking events, conferences and in-person meetings with accounts
- Present the company and its products at an online and in-person meeting
- Managing account and vendor relationship on a day to day activity.
- Solve issues and conduct activities based on SOPs and escalate any urgent or repeating problems to help the team identify a solution.
- Build and analyze reports to help decision making.
- Liaising with various internal teams to drive process improvement and operational excellence.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Operations, Marketing Management, Business, Information Systems, or related field with 5-7 years experience.
- Similar experience with an eCommerce business in Nigeria
- Extensive experience with practices and techniques related to web merchandising or online retailing.
- Operational knowledge of techniques required for market research and analysis.
- Sound knowledge of website management and eCommerce usability.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications, MS Access and others.
- Expert written and verbal communication
- A strong grasp of modern technology and social media is essential
- An expert understanding of spreadsheets, databases, financial analysis, website design, search engine optimization, and e-marketing strategy will be key to fulfilling the many functions of the job.
- Ability to change strategies and rethink conventional wisdom at any time.
- A high level of professionalism
- Have hands-on experience with eCommerce site and operations.
- Entrepreneurial, optimistic and can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Passionate about owing solutions and solving issues in an ambiguous environment.
- Enjoy creating simple process for complex problems.
- Experience in retail or Account and Vendor Management.
- Track records of delivery results in a highly ambiguous environment.
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Customer obsession
- Great team ethic
- Honesty and Integrity
- Result- Oriented
- Communication skill
Application Closing Date
17th March, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.