The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Drug Revolving Fund Consultant (DRF) – Finance
Ref No: R178
Job Type: Part Time
>> Click here for Latest Management Sciences for Health Recruitment 2020 / 2021 September | Management Sciences for Health Jobs Vacancies in Nigeria & Careers | MSH Recruitment 2020
- To evaluate DRF operation in Nigeria factoring the history and the current practices with a view to identify gaps, weaknesses and strengths to pave way for effective and efficient management that will reposition the scheme for sustainable drugs supply systems in Public health institutions in Nigeria.
- He/she will assess various DRF structures and operations with emphasis on the financial systems in different states and do a thorough appraisal and analysis of the current situation.
- He/she will design a financial system for state-level DRF operations that will promote sustainable financing for health care services
In collaboration with technical consultants, prepare a presentation to stakeholders a blueprint document for the intended purpose. This document should clearly demonstrate the operationalization of the following factoring economic and socio-political structures in Nigeria:
- Situation analysis
- Continued or increasing levels of government funding for health
- Business model for financing and financial management
- Business like orientation to personnel,
- Efficient and Audit-wise financial management (effective and transparent fund management) and supply management
- Strict measures to ensure accountability
- Audit and financial oversight
- Capital & investment opportunities
- Required human resource and capacity building for financial management
- Use of appropriate devices and technology, eg QuickBooks
- Measures for sustainability & ownership
- Implementation method: in phases or through a well-conceived pilot approach etc.
- The Consultant may also assume any other related duty that may be assigned by the Director, Supply Chain Management.
Required Minimum Education:
- A minimum of a university Degree in Accounting/Accountancy, Economics, Management or Related Disciplines.
- A Master Degree in Business Administration, MBA, Health Economics or Management
- A national or international certification in finance, accounting, and auditing. E.g. ACA, CFA
Required Minimum Experience:
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience in public and/or private sector including health organizations is highly desirable
- Significant experience/understanding in establishing DRF schemes OR significant experience in setting up, operating, managing and evaluating Financial system for DRF schemes in Nigeria or other Sub-Saharan African countries
- A minimum of ten years of progressively responsible professional level experience in, Financial Analysis, Audit, Administration and Financial Management
- Expert knowledge of health economics and financing
- Knowledge of the major issues affecting health products supply chain management and financing in Nigerian
- Good experience in strategic planning, operations management, organizational and change management, policy formulation and development are required
- Rich background in health economics/Pharmacoeconomics
- Sound knowledge of Nigeria drug market and Public procurement policy
- Experience in public health financing, coordination, leadership, governance, Innovation and research
- Experience of working effectively within a matrix management/ project management environment
- Experience in the development of national tools and documents
- Experience of working on donor funded projects- Global Fund, PEPFAR etc.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online