Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver – Nigeria Strengthening Civic Advocacy and Local Engagement (SCALE)
Ref No: req11195
Duration: 1 year, with possibility of extension for additional 3.5 years.
- Nigeria SCALE project is a USAID-funded 5-year project (Oct 08, 2020 – Oct 07, 2025), implemented by Palladium in collaboration with the local resource partners. The goal of the Nigeria SCALE project is to strengthen the financial, management and advocacy capacity of local civil society organizations (CSOs) and Business Membership Organizations (BMOs) in Nigeria to create a more accountable, transparent, peaceful, and democratic Nigeria with more effective and efficient public service delivery.
- The SCALE project supports civil society organizations (CSOs) and business membership organizations (BMOs) across all of USAID/Nigeria’s programmatic sectors with a basket of managerial, business strengthening, and advocacy capacity-building interventions aimed at advancing Nigerian CSO sustainability combined with targeted grants to advance mutually agreed upon priorities. The project is designed to enhance local civil society organizations’ ability to be positive and responsible change agents in Nigeria.
- The project has five main components: 1) Component One – Improve CSO organizational capacity, 2) Component Two – Enhance capacity for CSO advocacy, collaboration and management, 3) Component Three – Improve the policy and regulatory environment for civil society, 4) Component Four – Countering Trafficking in Persons (CTIP), and 5) Component Five – Sector strengthening and advocacy.
Purpose of Position
- Provides transportation to project staff and consultants to and from the office, meetings, airport and other activities to implement the project.
- The position is based in Abuja-Nigeria.
- The vehicle would be provided by Palladium.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Drive responsibly at all times.
- Provide transfers to local staff traveling on project business and to project expatriate staff and consultants from and to the airport.
- Ensure that the vehicle use is in accordance with the project’s vehicle use policy.
- Ensure all car documents, registrations, insurance are correct and up to date.
- Record vehicle movement and purchases of fuel and lubricants accurately in the vehicle logbook.
- Maintain the vehicle in a clean, secure, and good condition.
- Ensure that the vehicle is equipped with adequate fuel and supplies at all times.
- Monitor the need for servicing of, and repairs to the vehicle.
- Avoid fines for improper parking or other motoring offenses.
- Keep driving license current and unblemished.
- Make the necessary arrangements with the authorities and corresponding reports in the event of an accident.
- Provide timely transportation.
- Coordinate with the administrative assistant to follow up and execute driver planning and scheduling using Outlook Calendar or other means of scheduling as assigned, keep a logbook of all vehicle use and travel, and register transportation requests with the operations manager in the relevant location as assigned;
- Assist the Finance team to deliver purchase orders, payment transfers to the bank and/or suppliers, conduct petty cash purchases for minor office expenditure.
- Support the administrative assistant in planning meetings and proactively assist the team across all projects.
- Run project errands related to courier, picking up office supplies, and other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Minimum of 5 years experience driving vehicles for public, private entities or international organizations. Working with international organizations highly desirable.
- Good knowledge of road networks.
- Knowledge and skills in preventive vehicle maintenance.
- Ability to drive safely under difficult conditions.
- Knowledge of protection and diplomatic security preferred.
- Good English language skills and local languages.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please note that we cannot offer sponsorship for these positions.
- In order to be considered for these roles, all applicants must have the right to work and live in Nigeria permanently. Applications from individuals without the current right to work in Nigeria will not be considered.
- These positions will be based in our Lagos office only. Applicants from outside Lagos are welcome but will need to relocate at their own expense as no relocation package is available.