Dangote Cement is a subsidiary of Dangote Group, which was founded by Aliko Dangote in 1981 as a trading business with an initial focus on importation of bagged cement and other commodities such as rice, sugar, flour, salt and fish. This is where our ambitious plan to become Africa’s leading Cement producer began
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driller – Cement Industry
Location: Gboko, Benue
Job Type: Full time
- We are looking for an experienced driller for our cement operations at Gboko Plant.
- To Achieve Annual budget of total meter drilled
- Must be able to operate DTH Drill in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- To Perform daily safety and maintenance checks of drill rigs
- Ensure proposed drilling site is properly cleared by bulldozer
- Accurately mark out drilling pattern on the bench for blast/short holes drilling
- Depth of every blast hole must include sub-drill
- Ensure verticality of drilled holes, inclined or snake holes, then prescribed angle of inclination must be maintained
- Ensured that each drilled hole is safely covered to prevent inflow of run-off water and pebbles
- Use only approved drill bits for achievement of desired hole diameter
- Inform the Snr. Mining Engineer in charge, drilling and blasting of every completed drilling round/pattern
- Report faults and breakdown to the Snr. Mining Engineer in charge, drilling and blasting.
- Keep the drill rigs clean at all time by blowing and regular washing
- Ensure safe drilling that is, safety of self and machine
- Attend the daily Tool Box Talk at the resumption of shift operation.
- Ensure necessary PPEs are used on regular basis.
- Responsible to Snr. Mining Engineer in charge, drilling and blasting
- Other jobs as may be assigned
- Ability to operate DTH Drill in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- WASC + 16 years’ experience
- Trade Test II + 24 years’ experience
- Trade I + 16 years’ experience
- OND + 5 years’ experience
- Good communication skill
- Ability to work under pressure
- A good Team Player and ability to learn
- Must be dedicated and accountable
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online