Michael Stevens Consulting – Since its founding in 1991, Michael Stevens Consulting has grown to become a leading provider of high value Human Resources, Recruitment, Learning & Development, Outsourcing and Business Advisory solutions to multinationals, local corporate organizations, governments and multilateral organizations. Our depth of our expertise, defined by carefully selected pool of multi-disciplinary consultants, ensures that we continue to be the firm of choice to our growing list of discerning clientele.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Dredge Master
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- Operate the dredger and booster optimally and safely according to HSE requirements.
- Operate the dredger and booster at a maximum daily production, according to the operational capabilities of the dredger and boosters and ensure the daily production according to the project requirements.
- Provide input on the planning in agreement with the Chief Engineer on a day to day basis to the Sr. dredge master.
- Provide accurate information to Sr. dredge master on the work done / performance, accidents/ delays, status of assets and work forecasts aligned with project requirements.
- Implement and control the HSE requirements; respond to Q / HSE reports and ensure solutions for addressed issues are implemented.
- Delegate specific responsibilities to dredge mates. Assess their performance and suggest efficiency improvement activities. Identify risks and appropriate mitigations.
- Inform the Sr. Dredge master on dredger- and spare parts requirements for the deck site.
- Provide guidance towards operational dredging crew; escalate to Sr. dredge master if issues cannot be solved.
- Cooperate constructively and efficiently with dredging crew, chief engineer and Sr. dredge master and or dredge supervisor on a regular basis.
- Recommend to Sr. dredge master optimal development opportunities for the dredging crew.
- Execute of the performance evaluation process for all operational dredging crew in close cooperation with the Sr. Dredge master.
- First point of contact for operational dredging crew and chief engineer if Sr. dredge master is off duty or absent.
- Provide input on the performance and development of project staff as part of the performance evaluation process.
- Coordinate and execute the yearly performance evaluation process for the operational crew.
- An Engineering degree or Vocational dredging degree or an equivalent professional qualification.
- Must have at least 15 years work experience.
- First aid certification
- Environment techniques is an asset.
- Navigation license (STCW 95)
Function Specific Experience:
- Significant experiences in project performance analysis.
- Track record of managing projects.
- Marine construction
- Be able to manage personnel with different cultural backgrounds.
- Motivate and inspire colleagues to develop knowledge, skills and competencies. Provide objective and constructive feedback in an appropriate way.
- Show an understanding of tasks and responsibilities and achieve targets timely.
- Be able to translate division targets into concrete and measurable goals for timely achievement goals.
- Take ownership of own objectives agreed upon and of the objectives of subordinates.
- Investigate, understand and respond to the needs of internal stakeholders.
- Proactively serve and constructively respond to client
Application Closing Date
18th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.