African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Division Manager, Asset & Liability Management, FIFM1
Position Number: 50092451
Location: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Position Grade: PL2
- The Vice Presidency for Finance oversees the financial management of the Bank Group.
- This encompasses the Bank Group’s treasury activities including borrowings from the capital markets and investment activities; controllership functions including financial reporting and loan administration; strategic resource mobilization and the strengthening of the non-statutory financial resources and instruments; the overall asset/liability management for the Bank Group.
The Hiring Department/Division
- As an integral part of the financial management department of the Bank Group, the division is responsible for developing and directing the Asset and Liability Management functions of the Bank Group entities, including financial policies, financial modelling and projections and balance sheet management activities involving risks related to changes in interest rates, exchange rates and the liquidity position.
Under the oversight of the Director, the Division Manager will Manage a team of specialists to:
- Ensure that Asset and Liability Management exposures are identified, measured and reported and, where necessary, mitigated.
- Provide analytical expertise for assessing the financial impact of various products, strategies, initiatives, etc. on Bank Group entities.
- Ensure that Financial Risk parameters are maintained within Board approved limits and the Asset and Liability Management Committee guidelines.
- Ensure that the Asset and Liability Management Committee, the Senior Management and the Board are apprised of the current and potential future interest, currency, liquidity and funding risks for the Group, and the possible strategies to manage the risk positions.
The Division Manager will:
- Provide leadership and insight on all aspects relating to asset/liability management.
- Set the division work program and budget including the performance objectives of staff and regularly provide feedback, coaching and evaluation thereof.
- Supervise the formulation, periodic review and dissemination of financial and the Asset and Liability Management policies and guidelines for Bank Group entities.
- Contribute to, and lead where appropriate,the elaboration of various policy, strategic and operational documents of the Bank Group entities including the production of adhoc quantitative risk models and financial innovations.
- Supervise the monitoring and revision of the Bank’s Long Term Financial Sustainability and the preparation of the Bank’s annual Medium-Term Financial Performance Outlook paper, the related Board seminar and Net Income Allocation proposals.
- Supervise the development and production of monthly and quarterly risk management information (i.e. inter alia: interest rate and currency risk reports, financial projections, liquidity and capital planning reports) for the Asset and Liability Management Committee, in support of strategic decision-making for the management of the balance sheets of Bank Group entities.
- Lead the secretariat to The Asset and Liability Management Committee.
- Keep abreast of the Asset and Liability Management issues, related regulatory developments and industry best practice, through the development of a strong network with other major MDBs.
- Participate in the resource mobilization efforts of the Bank Group.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of the integrity of Risk management Analytics Systems/Processes with consideration for data, assumptions, processes and reporting through automation, reconciliation, and documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Competencies (Skills, Experience and Knowledge)
- Hold at least an MBA or Master’s Degree in a quantitative field, e.g. Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics.
- Professional certification an advantage, e.g. FRM, PRM, CFA.
- Have a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in a bank or similar financial institution, with heavy emphasis in an the Asset and Liability Management role or a related role in financial risk management.
- Private sector experience is an added advantage
- Experience in an MDB or financial services industry with emphasis in quantitative risk models, highly valuable.
- Experience in compliance and the preparation of the Asset and Liability Management policy documents.
- Expert knowledge of balance sheet management, gained through experience and formal qualifications.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively (Written and Oral) in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications, preferably SAP and Risk Management Software.
Application Closing Date
14th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online