Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Displacement Tracking Matrix Data Enumerator
CFCV No: CFCV2021.39
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Classification: 3 Months Hourly Contract (possible renewal)
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term Hourly Contract
- Under the overall supervision of the DTM ProjectOfficer in Nigeria and under the direct supervision of the Field Operation Assistant, the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for collecting data as part of the Displacement Tracking(ETT, MT, BR).
- S/he will work in close collaboration with the partners on the field in the areas(s)s/he has been assigned to.
Core functions / Responsibilities
- Be responsible for sending the information collected on the field to the Field Operation Assistant in a timely manner and according to the standards and requirements of the DTM program.
- Triangulatingcollected data based on DTM methodology with relevant partners.
- Monitor and evaluate the DTM operations, identifying areas of improvement and enhanced efficiency.
- Carrying out manual rapid registration where needed.
- Support and conduct with Emergency Tracking Tool (ETT) to be used in updating MT data.
- Support and conduct Point of Entry assessments(POE) to be used in updating MT data.
- Support other DTM activities which include BR, POE, FMPand Mobility tracking when required.
- Regular monitoring of movement within Accessible Areas (AA) and Non–AccessibleAreas (NAAs) where there is much movement for the possible update.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned
- Microsoft Office competency
- Take responsibility and manage constructive criticism.
- Work effectively with all stakeholders.
- Communication –listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience.
- Work collaboratively with DTM team members, and users/stakeholders to understand project activities, objectives, and requirements.
- Creativity and Initiative –actively seeks new ways of improving programs or services.
- Promote continuous learning, communicate constructively.
- Take initiative and drive high levels of performance management.
- Plan work, anticipate risks, and set goals within areas of responsibility.
- Contribute to a collegial team environment.
- Incorporate gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns and promote equal gender participation at all levels.
- Experience in the field of humanitarian assistance is an advantage.
- Experience in data collection is an advantage.
- Experience in community mobilization is an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of English, Hausa, and Kanuri, and Native languages advantageous.
Application Closing Date
5th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position applied on the subject line.
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM), and with a subject line CFCV2021.39Maiduguri Data Enumerator (ETT/Mobility Tracking/Biometrics Registration)
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).