Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL) is an indigenous company established to provide a unique range of services to the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry.
We venture into this industry with the objective of building on existing limited in- country capacity. In view of the enormous opportunities which abound in the Oil and Gas industry in Nigeria and the new findings in other African countries, there is need for more indigenous players to fill the yawning gap by providing competitiveness and quality service delivery to the industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Discipline Inspector Civil 1
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Contract
Brief Job Description
- Responsible for assessment and verification of project work activities including site preparation and earthworks, ditch works for undergrounds and backfill, tank foundation beds and dikes, concrete pre-pour, pouring and post-pour activities, including laboratory tests and other activities according to the Project Quality Plan and Site Surveillance Plan or as approved in Inspection and Test Plans.
- Assist in initial assessment of Contractor’s Quality Program, Control Procedures and ITPs as they relate to Civil Scope.
- Witness acceptance tests and perform final Quality checks.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must be a High School graduate or equivalent. A College Degree is preferred.
- Technical qualification / certification in civil discipline would be an advantage.
- Should have at least 15 years recent experience in Civil Quality Inspection related to construction of process plant(s) and pipelines, onshore or offshore
- At least 3 years plus in site construction role (such as Civil Foreman and / or Civil Engineer) related to offshore topsides is preferred and must be within the last five years.
- Should have knowledge of industry civil codes and standards and ability to read civil drawings is required.
- Must be proficient in the use of common PC software (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Powerpoint, etc)
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
Application Closing Date
13th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Only candidates with not less than 15 years experience working in similar role with the IOCs (specifically ExxonMobil, Total, Chevron and Shell) need to apply
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.