Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
Job Requisition ID: 2023200333
Location: Uyo, Akwa Ibom
Job type: Full time
Supervisor: Country Director
- The Director, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning will report to the Country Director and will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of the program monitoring and evaluation framework and information system to track delivery against targets, outcomes and impacts.
- S/he will lead analysis of data collected for assessment of progress and areas of improvement, will guide reporting processes amongst technical staff and consolidates program reports, promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learnt.
- S/he will support all the technical staff in M&E functions and will manage any M&E related staff in the program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the design, development, planning, and implementation of project knowledge management strategies. This includes development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention linked research;
- Provide technical leadership in M&E systems design and implementation, and be responsible for the overall management of Strategic Information;
- Lead and provide technical inputs to improve and facilitate the delivery of sound technical assistance in M&E;
- Develop and implement appropriate guidelines to support USAID/Nigeria, Government of Nigeria (GoN) counterparts and USAID’s Implementing Partners in conducting M&E and reporting results, contribute to national data collection and information systems, ensure data quality;
- Analyze data sets and technical assessment findings; and develop and monitor work plans;
- Work closely with the program team to ensure compatibility and coordination within the M&E framework, and consistency with national and donor requirements;
- Focus on strengthening the M&E system, building capacity of partners and staff, and improving alignment and support to host-country M&E systems; and
- Undertake periodic reviews of program and/or country M&E systems, and participate in planning M&E system strengthening actions. Provide guidance on information systems for quality assurance, as well as best practices documentation and reporting.
- Lead analysis of data collected for assessment of progress and areas of improvement.
- Guide reporting processes amongst technical staff and consolidate program reports, promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learnt
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Master’s Degree in Epidemiology, Public Health, Biostatistics or a related discipline with 9-11 years relevant experience.
- At least 12 years of experience designing and implementing Monitoring and Evaluation activities for public health programs in developing countries, practical experience with HIV/AIDS programs preferred
- At least 10 years management and/or strategic leadership experience
- A firm command of the M&E issues with respect to improvements in quality integrated service and support programs
- Excellent report writing, analytical and communication skills, including oral presentation skills and in-depth knowledge and experience in USG/PEPFAR reporting requirements.
- Extensive experience in knowledge management and dissemination of research findings.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online