•Create an environment and culture that focuses on fulfilling the chamber’s mission, vision, and values and develop high quality strategies and plans that align with short-term and long-term objectives
•Build trust relations with key partners and stakeholders. Provide thought leadership on current and upcoming issues; build and maintain value-adding partnerships and effective personal and professional networks to support role and chambers growth, aspirations and activities
•Analyze business environment, particularly Nigeria and United Kingdom, periodically and maintain a deep knowledge of the markets and industry of the businesses and trade groups in the chamber to ensure the chamber’s relevance, survival and growth
•Pursue and deliver growth of the chamber by studying economic trends and revenue opportunities, identifying opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement, and capital to fund improvements and growth.
•Together with the Chamber’s committees and sections, manage the design and implementation of ongoing and new programs and services; and oversee brand development and the implementation of effective marketing strategies for programs
•Lead and galvanize management and staff into an effective and high performing team – together with the Directors, operationally manage all activities and initiatives consistently with the overall strategy, vision and mission of the chamber
•Oversee financial performance and risk management while ensuring that funding is always available for all the chamber’s activities
•Ensure adequacy and enforce policies, process and procedures including applicable legal and regulation to assure Chamber’s legality and business ethical standing at top levels.
•Ensure the Chamber is staffed with well-trained, quality, and engaged employees at all times; develop effective hiring, training, and compensation plans to retain quality talent; lead and mentor staff, engaging and empowering them to be successful in delivering excellent customer service to members and other stakeholders.
•Anchor strategic representation for Brand Visibility – represent the Chamber at important business functions, community events, etc.
Experience, Competence/Skills and Education
- The ideal candidate must be between the ages of 45 and 50, with circa 25 years of experience, of which 15 must be at senior management level, evidence by enviable record of performance.
- Must be a Director / CEO candidate in a reputable organization or GM in a large multinational organization
- In-depth knowledge of general management best practices; entrepreneurial mindset including building partnerships and alliances and developing profitable strategies and funding to achieve specified vision
- In-depth understanding of the Nigeria and British trade issues; and familiarity with economic cum regulatory set-up and workings of businesses and functions
- Astute networker with excellent communication cum oratory skills and strong understanding of value management; fund raising including cash flow and capital planning management
- Able to open doors by self, has carriage, exposure, confidence, have pedigree and recognized within his/her profession, widely travelled or lived or work abroad – has credentials to move across borders
- Very sociable, amiable, dynamic with high creative ability and internationally mobile
- MSc/MA level in public or business administration or relevant field and must be a member of a professional body
A very attractive package including access to Council and Exco comprising of top and highly experienced industry leaders across Nigeria and UK; presence of top-notch Directors and motivated staff members; attractive bonus structure; corporate travel/expense accounts etc