The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Development Effectiveness Officer
Employment Type: Temporary Contract – one year
- The Development Effectiveness Officer is responsible for assessing, in support of public and private sector operations staff and under the supervision of the Head of Development Effectiveness, the evaluation readiness, strategic alignment, and development effectiveness of OPEC Fund’s public and private sector operations, in accordance with the OPEC Fund’s development effectiveness framework, in order to measure and monitor the development results and performance of OPEC Fund operations in line with the institution’s mission.
- The Development Effectiveness Officer will also create, populate, and maintain development results and strategic alignment databases, and conduct relevant analysis based on these databases.
- The Development Effectiveness Officer will furthermore assist the Head of Development Effectiveness in creating content for development effectiveness reports, publications and presentations, as well as for strategy documents, and perform other tasks related to development effectiveness assessment and monitoring as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
Assessment, monitoring and evaluation:
- Assesses and monitors the development effectiveness, strategic alignment, and evaluation readiness of public and private sector operations at various stages in the investment cycle.
- Contributes to the design and implementation of strategies and tools for monitoring and evaluating the development impact OPEC Fund operations.
- May conduct or validate evaluation of OPEC Fund operations in accordance with the OECD-DAC evaluation criteria
Policies and Procedures Input and Development:
- Provides inputs and comments on policy, procedural and other papers concerning the development effectiveness of OPEC Fund operations.
- Translates the result of analytical work, monitoring and evaluation, and project issues into policy advice.
Data collection & analysis
- Creates, populates and maintains databases on the development results and strategic alignment of OPEC Fund operations
- Prepares periodic reports or other knowledge products in relation to the development effectiveness and effectiveness of public and private sector operations.
- Provides quality assurance in terms of data accuracy, completeness, reliability and relevance for input into the monitoring and evaluation process (concept approval, governing board approval, supervision and completion stages of the financing cycle).
- Collaborates with the Public Sector Operations Department, Private Sector Operations Department, Legal Department and the Communications Department of the OPEC Fund.
- Provides guidance to operational departments (PSOD and PSTFOD) on the operation assessment, monitoring and evaluation processes (including use of indicators, development results tracking, project governance and project management tools).
- Highlight lessons learned from evaluations/monitoring data, engage operational departments to integrate lessons into project design and training materials.
- Any other job as may be assigned by the Head, Development Effectiveness.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Master’s Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Public Policy or other relevant area.
- At least 5 years of professional experience overall, at least 3 of which from a reputable development finance institution with a strong focus on sustainable development and development effectiveness and results assessment, evaluation and monitoring.
- Fluent in English and a good working knowledge of French, Spanish or Arabic is required.
- Demonstrable ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Extensive knowledge in the usage of office technologies, such as Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), intra/internet as well as on-line database management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online