Uniterm Nigeria Limited was incorporated in 2004. It has grown rapidly with professional staff of about 200 delivering quality and cost effective services in the Oil & Gas sector of the Nigerian economy. Uniterm is a Nigerian Company owned by Nigerians. The workforce is made up of professionals drawn across the world.
Uniterm is under the management of highly technical personnel with combined experience level of 150 years. Uniterm is a member of International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC) and the management staff are members of various professional bodies around the world. Uniterm has offices in Portharcourt and Lagos Nigeria, Houston in USA and Calgary in Canada. Uniterm has key Technical Partners in order to continue to use state-of-the-art technology to deliver services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Derickman
- Safely and efficiently perform all duties as assigned by the Driller or other supervisor during drilling, workover and completions operations
- Ensure all operations are carried out in a safe and conscientious manner and responsible for correcting or notifying responsible persons of any unsafe acts and/or conditions which exist
- Actively participate in and contribute to pre-shift and Toolbox Talk meetings; Observation program, weekly or special operations safety meetings and ensure any concerns or issues are reported appropriately
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Borr Drilling’s QHSE Management System; ensure compliance with Safe Systems of Work (SSOW), i.e. Risk Assessments etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge and utilization of Company’s Integrity Management System and ensure understanding and application of updates, changes and working instructions
- Assist as directed in rig skidding or jacking operations as requested
- Assist as directed in nippling up diverter system
- Prepare and make up conductor pipe and drill strings to specified requirements
- Handle drill pipe or tubing when it is being hoisted out or lowered into the hole
- Assist in the preparation of additional drill pipe, drill collar or special tools to run into hole
- Make up drill string including collars and pipe to drill through conductor shoe to specified requirements
- Prepare and test all mud circulating equipment, check mud weight and viscosity, derrick equipment and mud systems regularly and report any irregularities or concerns to the Driller
- Participate in derrick inspections as per Company policy and procedures
- Monitor and adjust mud pumps, mud volume and properties as determined by drilling program and advise driller of any changes
- Assist with make-up and running casing to pre-determined depthAssist with positioning of ram type preventer into desired location under rig floor
- Assist as directed in the connection and installation of the blow out preventer (BOP)
- Assist as directed with pressure testing the BOP once installed
- Participate in and assist the Driller with blowout prevention drills, equipment checks and inspections of drilling equipment and rig floor personal protective equipment
- Recognize signs of kick, pit level, mud weight changes etc. and perform procedures as directed to shut in well if required
- Assist with operation of well control procedures as required
- Know location of all well control equipment, blowout preventer (BOP), accumulator and firefighting equipment, and understand completely their operation and maintenance
- Assist Driller in handling day-to-day rig activities, maintenance problems and mud problems
- Supervise and assist with mud room activities including but not limited to periodic checks of mud weight and viscosity; adding mud or chemicals as directed by the mud engineer
- Assist with receipt and storage of dry bulk mud materials and ensure mud tanks and pit are clean and inspected as required
- Monitor self and crew members to ensure compliance with Company Procedure regarding safe handling of chemicals while working around the mud house
- Relieve drilling crew members as necessary during special operations
- Perform general housekeeping and maintenance duties within designated area of responsibility: including but not limited to; derrick, pump room, pit room and sack room and help with material preservation activities under the supervision of the Driller
- Maintain all logs for mud pumps and spares and complete any other paperwork as directed by the Driller
- Assist cementing representative with cementing lineup and operation as directed
- May be required to assist with rig and equipment maintenance such as chipping, scraping, painting scrubbing and cleaning
- Ensure handover is provided with clear and relevant information to ensure the safe continuation of operations
- Maintain good communication with driller, mud engineer and other drill crew personnel
- Support, encourage and mentor subordinates to ensure they have the skills and opportunity to build job specific competencies and complete training requirements
- Personally achieve and maintain required standards for own training and competency.
- Perform other duties, complete additional tasks and support ad hoc projects as required
- Maintaining and operating mud pump room and all associated equipment and systems.
- Close co-operations with the Mud Engineer and Mud loggers.
- Maintaining drilling fluid properties and volumes as per instructions.
- Promptly informing supervisor of any unexplained changes in pit volumes and any unexplained changes drilling fluid properties.
- Participate in drilling fluid transfers to and from supply vessels.
- Providing daily operational guidelines to direct report and ensuring adherence to Borr policies and procedures.
- Candidates should possess relevant qualifications.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.