The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Quality Assurance (DQA) Officer
Job ID: R1701
Employment Type: Full – Time
Reports To: M&E / HSS Officer
- PMI-S is a five-year PMI/USAID flagship malaria project implemented through a consortium led by MSH.
- The project is supporting the Government of Nigeria through its agencies at the federal, state, LGA and community levels to reduce under-five and maternal mortality by delivering quality services for management of malaria, its complications, and prevention.
- PMI-S project focuses on strengthening the capacity of the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) and State Malaria Elimination Programs (SMEPs) for the implementation of the National Malaria Strategic Plan 2014-2020.
- The DQA Officer position will provide support to data quality management, including data collection, quality checks, and reporting at the state, LGA and community levels as applicable.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the State M&E/HSS Officer in the implementation of M&E activities, including data collection, data quality checks, and reporting.
- Provide support and build capacity of LGA and health facility M&E officers in data quality management
- Participate and provide technical support in monthly LGA data validation meetings.
- Conduct routine data quality assessments at health facilities in conjunction with LGA M&E officers
- Support conduct of quarterly DQA exercise in primary and secondary health facilities across the state.
- Review health facility data monthly to identify and address data quality issues prior to reporting.
- Document data quality issues and share with the SMEP M&E officer, LGA M&E officers and health facilities for necessary corrections.
- Develop follow up action plans and ensure that all identified data quality issues are resolved by the LGA M&E officers and HFs at the end of each reporting month.
- Where relevant, work with State iCCM Data Officer to ensure iCCM data are collated, analyzed, presented at review meetings, and used for iCCM programming
- Represent the programme in technical fora, such as the SMEP M&E Sub-committee meetings.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- B.Sc in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or closely related discipline with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience. A post-graduate degree in a related Medical Statistics and Epidemiology discipline is an added advantage.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of malaria M&E systems in Nigeria and/or comparable country contexts.
- Familiarity with data validation tools
- Excellent knowledge of use of DHIS2
- Excellent computer skills, including in Excel and in at least one statistical software package, preferably Stata, alternatively SPSS or R; knowledge of other data software an advantage, such as mapping software
- Demonstrated experience in managing malaria program data, with a record of achieving programme objectives
- Deep understanding and knowledge of health systems’ dynamics and challenges in data management in relation to Nigeria’s response to malaria
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Excellent report writing skills
- Ability to work under pressure, flexible and open to extra working hours, if necessary.
- Very good negotiation and communication skills and ability to express views and ideas
- Qualified female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply
We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits package.
Application Closing Date
18th March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online