Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data.FI Nigeria Programmer – Consultant
>> Click here for Latest Palladium Group Recruitment 2020 / 2021 | Palladium Group Jobs Vacancies in Nigeria & Careers
Project Overview and Role
Data for Implementation (Data.FI) is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Data.FI partners with PEPFAR programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV epidemic control and maintenance.
Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS) and conduct in-depth analysis of program data to inform management responses to gaps in public health issues like HIV/AIDS, TB, orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) programming and sustain impact by supporting local partner transition.
Palladium is seeking a full stack developers for Data.FI Nigeria who will provide technical expertise for the development and implementation of an OVC information system toward a unified architecture for a 2-month consultancy with possibility of renewal contingent on availability of additional funding; with an immediate start date.
- With support of the regional digital team, develop, test, and support the implementation of software products and solutions as articulated in the systems and functional requirements.
- Integrate and deploy developed or packaged solutions in production environments or live service systems.
- Develop, test, debug, implement and maintain applications while ensuring they meet required health information systems standards.
- Provide technical support including bug fixing, functional extensions and documentation for deployed solutions.
- Manage software development cycles including testing and quality assurance while ensuring that deliverables meet software requirements based on agreed timeframes and milestones.
- Participate in software and architectural development activities.
- Formulate and define system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems.
- Design, develop and test Java-based solutions using common standards and frameworks such as React, Vue, Angular, JAXB, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, JPA, JavaEE, Spring, and Hibernate.
- Help improve code quality by implementing the recommended best practices.
- Develop comprehensive technical documentation for application code.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or another relevant field
- 4 years’ experience in software development will be an added advantage
- Experience with a variety of programming and frameworks, including Java
- Experience with Web Server configuration, deployment and management, using Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Glassfish
- Experience with a variety of scripting languages and frameworks, including Bootstrap, jQuery, SOAP (XML), and REST (HTTP)
- Proficient in front end development using Angular, AngularJS, React, Vue js, HTML, Bootstrap, CSS, JQuery
- Excellent knowledge of Micro Service Architecture, RESTfull Web Service, Spring Websocket, JAXB, JSONB, NPM, Maven, Junit
- Experience with databases (MySQL, H2, PostgreSql) and their integration into web applications
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and hands on experience with ORM frameworks such as Hibernate/JPA
- Working knowledge of software design: UML diagrams, database diagrams
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Ability to gather accurate requirements and work closely with stakeholders to prioritize tasks and the scope of development
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to identify errors and make adjustment in a testing environment
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Strong attention to detail and understanding of architectural dependencies
- Ability to engage closely with system architects and regional development teams to deliver highly available and scalable services with minimal/zero downtime
- Extensive experience in system and data migration for mission critical technologies
- Ability to coordinate and balance priorities of multiple projects and deliverables
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Remain up to date on all current best practices, trends, and industry developments
- Ability to maintain a high standard of work quality and encourage others to do the same.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online