Apply for MainOne Cable Nigeria Recruitment for Data Center Operations Support Manager, as portal opens for all candidates. In West Africa, MainOne Cable is a top facilitator and go-to supplier of cutting-edge telecom services and network solutions, including connectivity and data centre solutions, for telecom operators, ISPs, other companies, and governmental organisations.
The success of MainOne Cable is founded on the ability of our employees to be leaders in their professions and to be exceptionally talented and skilled. You won’t find another job like the one you have at MainOne. Joining MainOne will make you feel challenged, proud, and inspired as you become a part of something significant.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Center Operations Support Manager
Location: Ajah, Lagos
Department: DC & Capital Projects
Job Type: Permanent
- Performance management and capacity planning
- Development of operational processes for smooth running of the Facilities and to the satisfaction of customers
- Ensuring continuous improvement of operations processes and procedures, such that they are highly effective and reflect industry best practice
- Coordinate Change Management policies regarding datacenter resources
- Assist in implementing service methodologies including but not limited to, incident management, problem management, change management, capacity management, etc.
- Coordinate preventive and corrective maintenance contracts for the critical infrastructure.
- Coordinate the supporting operations and management of the Data Centre and the Cable Landing Station.
- Work closely with the Operations team to raise all the required PRs and also be the focal point of contact with procurement for all DC requirements.
- Manage all vendor contracts to ensure service delivery are in line with the agreed SLA.
- Track and report on adherence to scheduled maintenance by operations team and vendors for DC & CLS infrastructure
- Maintain records of all maintenance and incidents both in hard copy and scanned copies on sharepoint.
- Ensure availability of a 12month maintenance schedule and management of a detailed maintenance plan
- Accountable for financial activities such as detailed bottoms up budget generation and ongoing forecasts.
- Work closely with support services to ensure all site requirements in terms of consumables and supplies are maintained onsite with adequate buffers.
- Prepare and submit to DCOM for review, weekly and monthly DC management update reports covering all operations and incidents
- Work closely with operations team and support services to coordinate fuel ordering and supply to ensure DC always has adequate stocks.
- Manage and maintain the Data Centre store and spares, ensuring return/replacement of spares are done as at when due.
- Provide other engineering supports to DC operations staff as may be required from time to time.
- Participates in Engineering/ technical sessions aimed at Data Centre process improvements.
- Performing other duties as requested by the Data Centre Manager /GM Data Centres.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- A good Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer science or related field is required
- At least seven (7) years’ relevant experience, with three (3) years in data center operations
- ITIL Certification will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated experience with DC Operations
- Knowledge of Power, mechanical/cooling systems, and security systems will be an advantage
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office tools and presentation skills
- Excellent IT operations process management knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to be a part of 24X7 support teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Demands of the Job:
- Ability to work extended hours.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online