The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Customer Services Officer
Contract Type: 1-year fixed term
Pay band: 4
- The purpose of this role is to contribute to the smooth running of the British Council’s customer service operations in Nigeria by delivering high quality customer service and sales targets in line with corporate standards and policies.
- The post holder will manage all level two queries from global, regional and local teams within the customer service function in order to achieve faster complaint resolution times in line with corporate customer service standards, to increase overall team efficiency, to generate more opportunity for sales and increase customer satisfaction.
Role Specific Knowledge and Experience
The main essential knowledge and experience points that we are looking for you to evidence are:
- Education to Degree level or equivalent
- At least two (2) years working in a reputable customer service environment with proven positive track record
- English Language Proficiency Level minimum B2, written and spoken
- Fluency in one of three major languages in Nigeria
- Demonstrated experience dealing with customers and enquiries in a service environment and providing service within quality standards
- Proven experience in handling and reporting income
- Advanced data entry and data analysis experience
- Experience working with CRM systems & MS Excel
- Ability to work quickly and accurately to tight deadlines.
- Customer Service Qualification
- Experience in supervising a group of people to achieve a specific purpose.
N6,154,368.00 per annum
N512,864 per month.
Application Closing Date
18th January, 2022 (23:59 South Africa Time).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Nigeria.
- The British Council will not facilitate / sponsor visa applications and work permits.