Fedeth Microfinance Bank economically empowers micro-entrepreneurs and low-income earners by providing financial services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Credit Risk Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up an end to end Credit Risk Management Department
- Develop and obtain approvals for all credit related policies, product papers, approval limits and related requirements for the proper working of a credit risk management unit
- Review and provide feedback about the completed loan application form on any missing or unclear documents in the application thereby ensuring all required supportive documents for the credit analysis have been submitted
- Conduct credit evaluation/ analysis for retail and MSME clients and make appropriate recommendation in line with credit policy
- Ensure proposed facility are structured appropriately in line with transaction dynamics, repayment structure and customer’s cashflow.
- Ensure compliance to target market, risk acceptance criteria and overall Credit policy
- Conduct Risk Rating and Credit scoring for all loan request
- Conduct financial and non-financial business analysis on proposed request and interpret generated financial ratios/ performance indicators
- Perform Credit status enquiry and act as interface to other Credit bureaus with regards to submission of data (CRMS, CR, CRC e.t.c)
- Review of Credit portfolio for sustained quality, performance and compliance with approved terms and conditions as well as Credit policy
- Recommend credit for final approval, follow-up with the required DLA to ensure request are approved timely and communicate approval to market facing units
- Ensure that all pre-disbursement conditions are met
- Ensure that limits are monitored; maturing repayments and all receivables on accounts are collected
- Good knowledge and interpretation of the CBN policies related to loan management
- Conduct credit stress testing and advise management on best action to manage portfolio
- Identification of credit related early warning signals and flagging likely problems before they crystallize
- Prepare on a timely basis, the rendition of all relevant regulatory returns
- Liaise with Financial Control Department (FINCON) to prepare Capital Adequacy Ratios and loan impairment in line with CBN prudential guidelines and IFRS requirements
- Credit call visits to customers with relationship management team.
- Liaise with Legal Unit and ensure that all security documentations comply with terms of approval and are enforceable
- Ensure proper filling of customer loan documentation in line with the requirement of the CBN prudential guideline
- Builds relationship with RMs and Relationship/platform Officers to improve quality of business proposals and turnaround time on credit evaluations.
- Identify deteriorating accounts for prudential classification and transfer to the recovery team
- Revise and propose changes to existing Credit Risk policies
- Prepare relevant risk reports for the Risk Management Committee and relevant Board committees
- Staff training internally (credit staff) and externally as may be required
- Carry out such other duties that may be delegated to it by Head, ERM.
Internal / External Contacts:
- Internal Staff
- Regulators (CBN, SEC)
- Auditors (PWC).
Key Performance Indicator (KPI):
- Non-Performing Loan Ratio (NPL)
- Cost of Risk (Impairment Charges/ Loan loss provisioning)
- Credit Risk Management Rating and Perception
- Process Efficiency
- Zero regulatory sanction relating to Credit Risk
- Turnaround time (TAT) to conclude on credit request after receipt of all required information/documentation is (6hrs for PP/Retail and 48 hours for MSME).
Key Competence Requirements
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree qualification with 2 – 3 years work experience.
- Good knowledge of CBN policies on credit and loan administration
- Knowledge of retail banking and micro lending
- Strong proficiency in analyzing and evaluating financial information
- Computer proficiency particularly with spreadsheet
- Attention to detail; thorough, particular and accurate
- A demonstrated knowledge of finance, accounting and risk management
- Communicate in clear, concise and effective written and verbal formats
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Energetic and with sound decision making skills.
Application Closing Date
24th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.