Norrenberger Financial Group is a Financial Services Group that provides bespoke financial solutions. Our component companies are licensed and regulated either by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) or the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Credit Risk Analyst
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full Time
Sector: Investment and Asset Management
- The Credit Analyst officer will evaluate clients’creditdata in order to determine the degree of risk involved inlendingmoney to them. Prepare reports about the degree of risk inlendingmoney to clients. Analysing client records and using the data to recommend payment plans.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
- Review and provide feedback about the completed loan application form on any missing or unclear documents in the application thereby ensuring all required supportive documents for the credit analysis have been submitted
- Conduct credit evaluation/ analysis for retail and MSME clients and make appropriate recommendation in line with credit policy
- Ensure proposed facility are structured appropriately in line with transaction dynamics, repayment structure and customer’s cash flow.
- Ensure compliance to target market, risk acceptance criteria and overall Credit policy
- Conduct Risk Rating and Credit scoring for all loan request
- Conduct financial and non-financial business analysis on proposed request and interpret generated financial ratios/ performance indicators
- Recommend credit for final approval, follow-up with the required DLA to ensure request are approved timely and communicate approval to market facing units
- Ensure that all pre-disbursement conditions are met
- Ensure that limits are monitored; maturing repayments and all receivables on accounts are collected
- Identification of credit-related early warning signals and flagging likely problems before they crystallize
- Prepare on a timely basis, the rendition of all relevant regulatory returns
- Liaise with Financial Control Department (FINCON) to prepare Capital Adequacy Ratios and loan impairment in line with CBN prudential guidelines and IFRS requirements
- Credit call visits to customers with relationship management team.
- Liaise with Legal Unit and ensure that all security documentations comply with terms of approval and are enforceable
- Ensure proper filling of customer loan documentation in line with the requirement of the CBN prudential guideline
- Builds relationship with RMs and Relationship/platform Officers to improve quality of business proposals and turnaround time on credit evaluations.
- Perform Credit status enquiry and act as interface to other Credit bureaus with regards to submission of data (CRMS, CR, CRC etc.)
- Review of Credit portfolio for sustained quality, performance and compliance with approved terms and conditions as well as Credit policy
- Identify deteriorating accounts for prudential classification and transfer to the recovery team
- Revise and propose changes to existing Credit Risk policies
- Prepare relevant risk reports for the Risk Management Committee and relevant Board committees
- Staff training internally (credit staff) and externally as may be required
- Carry out such other duties that may be delegated to it by Head, ERM.
Qualification, Experience & Skills
- Minimum of 6 years post-NYSC experience in Credit Risk Management from a financial institution
- Experience in Credit Administration and delinquent management will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of a B.Sc. preferably in Accounting / Finance, Economics or Business Admin
- Professional qualification such as ACA, ACCA will be an added advantage
- Good knowledge of CBN policies on credit and loan administration
- Strong proficiency in analyzing and evaluating financial information
- Knowledge of retail banking and micro-lending
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Computer proficiency particularly with spreadsheet
- Attention to detail; thorough, particular and accurate
- A demonstrated knowledge of finance, accounting and risk management
- Communicate in clear, concise and effective written and verbal formats
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Energetic and with sound decision-making skills
Application Closing Date
4th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.