FINCA Microfinance Bank was founded by John Hatch in 1984 and pioneered the “village banking method” of credit delivery, now used by hundreds of organizations worldwide.
FINCA is a leading international Microfinance Institution offering financial services and products to small scale businesses that have been turned down by traditional banks, so that these businesses can start, grow, and diversify with resulting increases in family income, nutrition, employment and well-being.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Credit (Loan) & Savings Officer
Location: Owerri , Imo
- FINCA is recruiting for Credit (Loan) & Savings Officers to join FINCA Microfinance bank Limited, Owerri, Nigeria. This position is for both experienced and entry level officers with a direct report to Customer Relationship Supervisor.
- The Credit & Savings Officer shall be responsible to effectively develop, manage and maintain high quality loans and savings portfolio; cross-selling the organization’s financial products and support the development of delivery channels and front- end technology to improve client’s access to financial services.
- S/he is also responsible in the close monitoring of repayment behaviours of client to ensure quality, while keeping client’s savings portfolio and other banking channels subscribed by clients active.
- Partner with Team Leader in developing weekly/monthly plans with regards to client mobilization and individual performance goals.
- Maintain a good knowledge of assigned market geographical area and understand clients need with competing products.
- Research and develop business opportunities within assigned geographical zone and assist marketing department with market research and impact studies upon request.
- Market all FINCA Products and Services to potential clients by using the promotional tools as approved by management.
- Responsible in acquisition and management of loans and savings portfolio; Loan initiation, processing, monitoring and repayment.
- Conduct a thorough loan analysis to ascertain customer’s payment capacity and willingness; evaluate the credit risk before Credit Committee Meetings.
- Reduce liquidity risk by aggressively reducing dormant savings accounts.
- Ensure each loan disbursed are in compliance with FINCA lending procedures, policies and methodology.
- Prepare and present report as assigned by your Team Leader/ Branch Manager.
- Compile credit files with required documentation and hand over to back office staff for processing.
- Any other responsibilities required by the Branch Manager or Savings Manager in line with FINCA policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree / HND with minimum of 2nd Class Lower (2.2) in related discipline.
- Minimum of 1 year post NYSC experience in credit or a client facing sales role with a financial institution.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Basic mathematical and analytical skills required
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills – Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interest; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Task calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/ Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Set goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application and Resume stating the “Job position” as the subject of the email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For consideration candidates, MUST submit their resume in a word of PDF format.
- Candidate MUST be willing to relocate to Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria, all selection process (Aptitude Test and Interviews) shall be conducted in Owerri, Imo State Nigeria.